Talk:MechWarrior 2: 31st Century Combat
I'd like to do some housekeeping around this section. Some of the files are duplicates, and there a a bunch that are missing. Can a regular user change and upload files?
- Not currently. If you can give me an idea of what files to change, add, etc I can do it myself -- otherwise I have plans on making the file management interactive. Nicjansma 10:54, 27 March 2007 (CDT)
- Ok, under "home / programs / games / mechwarrior_2 / patches /", the file "battlepackmw2.zip" is a corrupt or incomplete copy of the bpmw105.exe patch, mwdospatch.zip is a zipped up copy of mech2v11.exe, and gblpatch.zip is a duplicate of gblpatch.exe. The Ghost Bear's Legacy Battlepack patch is absent as well. In addition, there are a few files I'd like to make modifications to. The two Battlemaster patches have been known to be really buggy, and I now have the know-how to fix them. I'd also like to make some modifications to some of the patches to make them run easier on Win XP.
- As for "programs / games / mechwarrior_2_mercs / patches /", I've checked, and Build19.zip is 100% identical to merc106.exe. Also, a couple of patches are missing from the list, such as the 1.081 patch.
- And of course, there has been a recent introduction of patches to make the games run on Windows XP. Once the quirks have been ironed out of those, they too should probably go up in the download section.--Venom 01:13, 28 March 2007 (CDT)
I would like to create a separate article for the MechWarrior II: Mercenaries game as it is a stand alone game even if it runs on the same engine. Would this be ok? --Dmon 17:47, 31 July 2009 (UTC)
- Be bold, my friend; be bold. Its just as much your wiki as mine. --Revanche (talk|contribs) 19:25, 31 July 2009 (UTC)
Where is the page on Mechwarrior II: Mercenaries? There is no link on the sidebar under official game systems, and I have been using the search function to no avail. This was a true stand-alone game. RichLongess