SQS-TH-001 vs SQS-TH-001
I'm wondering how to treat, or even reference the original SQS-TH-001 from Solaris: The Reaches, which has noticeable differences (different weapons, same speed as TRO3055U SQS-TH-002). Adding a note under the 3055U version listing the differences? Cyc 06:14, 31 January 2009 (PST)
- You'll have to first find out if you are dealing with a (OOC) retcon in the fashion of "newer publication trumps older publication", or if there are actually two canonical subvariants with the same ID code. Perhaps post a question in the "Masters of the Universe" section of the CBT forum, to get a qualified answer that is valid canon. Usually it's a case of retcon, but I think I recall at least one case of the latter kind (a Hermes variant IIRC). Anyways, what I do in such cases is to add a italiced section with a ":" prefix, explaining the OOC situation. As more and more such cases creep up I have been thinking about adding a "Retcon" section to the articles in question. Anyways, what is important is that the information is there, no matter how you put it into the article.
- As for references, you should put the sources you are citing into the References section, and where appropriate add reference footnotes. Frabby 06:36, 31 January 2009 (PST)
- I do think that we're dealing with a retcon here. Solaris: The Reaches is, afaik, copyrighted at 1993, whilst Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade is copyrighted at 2005. Onisuzume 10:46, 31 January 2009 (PST)
- Shouldn't the TRO3055U SQS-TH-002 have a topspeed of 81kph judging by reactor and text? Or am I completly missing out on something? the 64kph in TRO:3055 seem like a mistake to me, not the first BT-misprint ever been, methinks.RagTag26 January 2010
- The Large Shield makes it slower. http://www.classicbattletech.com/forums/index.php/index.php/topic,20680.msg487633.html#msg487633 --Scaletail 03:30, 27 January 2010 (UTC)
- okay, learned a new thing today...:D (RagTag 11:08, 27 January 2010 (UTC))