Shouldn't the page be renamed to Solaris VII? Harry 08:16, 5 April 2010 (UTC)
- That depends on what the article is supposed to cover. Solaris VII is the seventh planet in the Solaris system, and the article is (read: should be) about the system, not the individual planets. I am thus advocating an unified naming scheme for systems and planets, but I don't think we have a policy on this (yet) and there certainly is no unified naming scheme applied on BTW as of yet. Suk II should really be Suk; Trellwan should really be Trell (not Trell I as it currently redirects); Verthandi should really be Norn; Klathandu IV should really be Klathan (!); and so on. Frabby 09:57, 5 April 2010 (UTC)
THANK you for working on the planet infobox. That is something they all need. I've really stumbled over how they were originally set up and feel it is extremely unwieldy.--Revanche (talk|contribs) 10:22, 5 April 2010 (UTC)
The Solaris 7 article on Handbook: House Steiner page 90 states that Solaris was originally a FWL system and seized by LC during the First Succession War. in Handbook: House Liao, however in the founding map of CC it is clearly seen that Solaris is within the borders of LC (ie, before the First Succession War). Do we know if this was a border typo? -Volt (talk) 20:49, 29 July 2014 (PDT)
- I asked a question on the official forum a while ago about the Terran Hegemony borders in this particular era, because there were inconsistencies between the early maps in Handbook House Marik/House Liao/House Steiner. The thread with answers from Øystein is here: http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,16157.0.html - he basically ruled the 2314 House Steiner map to be erroneous, but didn't clarify any further. Based on that, and the fact that there are inconsistencies with the Terran Hegemony border in the 2314 map, I think all we can assume is the following:
- - Solaris VII wasn't a Lyran world in 2314
- - By 2366, Solaris VII was a Lyran world
- - At some point between 2366 and 2571, the Free Worlds League captured Solaris VII, and it was early enough for the world to have been considered a League world for almost all of its history.
- - The Free Worlds League may have incorporated/conquered Solaris VII between 2314 and before 2366, only to lose it briefly to the Lyrans, but there's no definitive evidence to allow that to be confirmed.
- One of the things I need to do at some point is go over all of the non-Capellan worlds on the 2366 map and update their owner history, but I just... haven't gotten to it yet. I will at some point, though... BrokenMnemonic (talk) 00:54, 30 July 2014 (PDT)