- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
I have a major quibble on this one, but want to discuss it before editing it wholesale. Something should only be a totem mech if its description says it's a totem mech. There are several other mechs out there that are related to the concept, (and I dont have any problems listing those that way), but 'Totem Battlemech' has a very specific listing. — The preceding unsigned comment was provided by Istal devalis (talk • contribs) on 18 March 2010.
- I agree. Though its clearly stated, that this is a clan-concept, I accept Inner Sphere totem-LIKE mechs, but even the draco's mechs are not really totem in the sense of the word. I'd rather go for "signature mech", though that would pose other questions, like: Is the Zeus a SigMech for the lyrans and so on....RagTag 11:19, 18 March 2010 (UTC)
- I'm with RagTag; "totem 'Mech" has a very specific meaning with regard to Clan totems. That said, I think this "article" is better served as a category. --Scaletail 02:49, 19 March 2010 (UTC)
- Well, it's got enough of a meaning in Battletech that it bears some mention, but a category wouldnt be a bad idea. You'd want to be very specific in mentioning what is allowed in that, though, otherwise we're just going to end up with a list like this one. --Istal devalis 14:38, 19 March 2010 (UTC)
- I think this definitely needs some serious pruning - Inner Sphere units and really the majority of the Clan designs on here need to go. There's a big difference, as people have said, between signature units and totemic ones. Citizen Erased 02:59, 29 April 2010 (UTC)
This is getting a bit ridiculous here. Era Report 3062 specifically does NOT list those IS designs as Totems. They mention they're just similar in concept. Someone with more time on their hands then I do needs to go over this guy and weed out the fanon from the official. Is there an official list of Totems somewhere? Istal devalis 12:39, 8 November 2011 (UTC)