Storm's Metal Thunder vs Blackstone Highlanders
Okay, seems there is a conflict of info about who these guys are chummy with:
- Field Manual: Mercenaries pages 84 and 105 - Book is set 3059 and indicates they have effectively become the second regiment of Storm's Metal Thunder and are talking about possible merger.
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance pg 24 - states Storm's Metal Thunder absorbed the alling unit in 3060.
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook) - Basically mentions what is pasted in this entry, but doesn't include Blackstone Highlanders in unit Civil War Deployment Table, only Wolverton's and Storm's, only mention I can find of Blackstone Highlanders is the Odessa portion.
- Mercenaries Supplemental pg 21 - Book is set 3067, Blackstone Highlander entry makes mention only for actions in Jade Falcon occupation zone, effectively just raiding for Clan-tech for Blackstone BattleMechs, and unit is far from dead and definitely not bankrupt.
- Field Manual: Updates - Again, set in 3067, mentions both Blackstone Highlanders and Storm's Metal Thunder intact.
Did the writers forget that there are two mercenary units that have brand new BattleMech factories or something and confused them?Cyc 21:48, 7 March 2009 (PST)
- All I know about them, is from the novel. So, I can't attribute further info about them. Feel free to throw in all you have. --Detlef 06:49, 8 March 2009 (PDT)