Talon (DropShip class)
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
- This article is about the DropShip. For other uses, see Talon (disambiguation).
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Armament|| 4x Large Lasers |
4x ER Large Lasers
|Escape Pods/Life Boats||?|
Although the Talon-class is portrayed as a lance-sized 'Mech carrier (i.e. four BattleMechs), a single Talon deploys at least five BattleMechs (the player's lance and Damon Squire) in Operation 6, Mission 4 - "Rescue Sister".
The Talon can accommodate its regular crew, plus pilots and techs for the vehicles carried.
No known variants of the Talon exist.
Being mentioned only in an apocryphal source, the MechWarrior 4 video game, the Talon must consequentially be considered apocryphal as well.
It has been suggested that the (apocryphal) Talon may be a variant or offshoot of the (fully canonical) Aurora class, because they are of similar size and visual appearance, and were both used on Kentares IV around the same time by House Davion. Official sources have neither confirmed nor denied this theory.
- MechWarrior BattleTech Reference, p. 43
- MechWarrior 4: Vengeance