- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of [])|
|Parent Formation||Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces|
The Tamar Jagers were formed by Duke Selvin Kelswa III of Tamar at the start of the Third Succession War to protect the worlds of the Tamar Pact from the Draconis Combine. At their founding the Tamar Jagers were considered to be reasonably well equipped and consisted mostly of medium 'Mechs. They recruited primarily from Tamar.
The Jagers were involved in an invasion of the planet Memmingen at some point in the Succession Wars era. They took great losses in that invasion because the Draconis Combine had discovered the invasion plan, and had three regiments waiting.
Units of the Tamar Jagers
Colors and Unit Insignia
The Jagers' parade colors were apparently red and black.
A Tamar Jagers Zeus
There are two major inconsistencies in the history and formation of the Jagers :
- Duke Selvin Kelswa III was leader of the Tamar Pact at the end of the Third Succession War. The beginning of that war was over 100 years prior to the Duke's birth.
- The Jagers appear only in three early publications: Camo Specs, the Succession Wars (Board Game) and Technical Readout: 3026, though the Pegasus entry mentioning them in the latter book was later reproduced verbatim in Technical Readout: 3026, revised. They are not mentioned in any other publication, including the House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth) sourcebook, which was actually released before Camo Specs.
A possible explanation for these discrepancies would be that the Jagers' regiments were mixed/combined arms formations, and that they were therefore not usually counted among the BattleMech formations.
- Camo Specs p. 34
- Technical Readout: 3026, Revised Edition, p. 34
- Based on the Succession Wars boardgame providing four regiment chits for the unit