1st Tamar Hussars
|1st Tamar Hussars|
|Unit Profile (as of 2801)|
|Nickname||The Tamar Tigers|
The Tamar Tigers were attached to the SLDF in the Reunification War. They were unlike many Lyran units because their commander was able to remove political appointees and Social Generals from the unit. The Tamar Tigers served alongside the 4th Royal Guards and the 25th Skye Rangers. From 2581 to 2591 the Tigers fought on Black Earth, Qurayyat, Fjernet, Kwangjong-ni, Luanda, and Barcelona. In 2591 Archon Viola Steiner received word that her son had been kidnapped, and the Duke of Tamar was a suspect. Unable to meet the Duke, the Archon instead engaged the Tamar Tigers and Skye Rangers at their camp on Barcelona. There the Tigers resisted the Archon's assault until SLDF forces could separate the combatants. Later evidence found that the Dukes were innocent, but the Tigers and Rangers had lost a battalion and refused to continue to fight for the Archon. They returned home shortly after the Day of Rage.
|Commanding Officers of 1st Tamar Hussars|
|Graham Kelswa||2791 - 2801|
The Tamar Tigers became known for their daring style of mobile warfare.
2786 - 2821
Tamar Tigers (Regiment/Elite/Fanatical) 
- Note: At this point in time the light-weight unit was stationed on Tamar. The unit was destroyed during the war.
Unlike most Lyran units, the Tamar Tigers prefer lighter 'Mechs. To reflect this apply a -2 modifier to rolls that determine lance weight, with anything below a 4 treated as a result of "Light." The Tigers receive a +2 bonus to their initiative rolls, and may use the Off Map Movement Force Specific Rules.
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), pp. 47-48, "Tigers and Stealths"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 40
- Historical: Reunification War, pp. 152-153
- Historical: Reunification War, pp. 137-138
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), pp. 50-51, "The Military Realities"
- ’’ First Succession War’’, p. 139
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 68, "What, Me Worry?"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 127, "Medals and Decorations"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 183
- Historical: Reunification War
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth)
- First Succession War
- Second Succession War