- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- BattleTech Releases Teaser Video For New Expansion: Flashpoint
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "MechWarrior 3050"
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Posts Treasure Trove Of Original ‘Mech Design Docs
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "The Crescent Hawks' Inception"
- Read more →
Tellman IV neighbouring systems
|X:Y Coordinates||537.142 : 98.175[e]|
- 2571 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2581 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2583 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2585 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2596 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2750 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2764 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2765 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2767 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2786 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2822 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2830 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2864 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3025 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3030 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3040 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3050 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3052 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3054 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3057 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3058 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3059 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3063 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3067 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3075 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3079 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3081 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3085 - Raven Alliance 
- 3130 - Raven Alliance 
- 3135 - Raven Alliance 
- 3145 - Raven Alliance 
The Reunification War
Tellman IV was an icy mining world within the Outworlds Alliance when Operation UNION HOLD began in 2581. After the major Periphery states rejected the Pollux Proclamation in 2575, the Star League began planning for the forced incorporation of all of the Periphery nations into the Star League. Operation UNION HOLD was the name given to the invasion of the Outworlds Alliance, which saw two corps of Star League Defense Force troops and a mixed brigade of DCMS forces begin systematically occupying Alliance worlds. Tellman IV escaped the attentions of the the Star League and Combine forces - collectively referred to as the Outworlds Alliance Task Force - until September 2583, when it became the site of one of the most important battles in the course of the five-year invasion of the Alliance.
In July of 2583, the Chairman of the Outworlds Alliance Militia, Welkens Nordd, had received a vital piece of intelligence; the operational timetable for the Star League forces. The commander of the Outworlds Alliance Task Force, General Amos Forlough, had begun a campaign to weaken the will and ability of the Alliance population to fight by systematically targetting towns, cities and industrial sites on worlds across the Alliance. By the time Nordd received Forlough's timetable, the SLDF forces had already raided Dindatari, Mitchella, Morthac, Quatre Belle and Quiberas since the beginning of 2583, and various other Alliance worlds including the important industrial world of Cerberus were under Star League or Draconis Combine occupation or the subject of ongoing battles and guerilla warfare. Access to the operational timetable for the Outworlds Alliance Task Force gave Nordd a chance at stopping Forlough's rampage through the Alliance.
Nordd moved the Alliance 4th Armored Division to Lushann, which allowed him to extract the 1st Pitcairn Legion and 3rd Pitcairn Legion from the ongoing battle with V Corps forces there; they were joined by the 2nd Pitcairn Legion, which had raided the occupied worlds of Bad News and Budingen, and dispatched to Tellman IV to ambush Forlough and the troops due to attack the icy world in September. To assist the assembled Pitcairn Legion, Nordd dispatched the bulk of the troops held in reserve to defend Alpheratz itself, adding two regiments of infantry and the Santiago Carabiniers BattleMech regiment to Colonel Elais Pitcairn's forces. Whilst this left Alpheratz largely undefended, Forlough's campaign against the civilian population and infrastructure of the Alliance threatened to topple the Alliance and had to be checked.
Forlough responded to the departure of the Pitcairn Legion forces from Lushann by reinforcing the SLDF attacks on Banori and Loparri in August but didn't encounter the Legion as expected. The next action on the SLDF timetable was the attack on Tellman IV, for which Forlough tasked and led a mixed division of troops consisting of the 40th Brigade, 43rd Brigade and 45th Brigade, all drawn from V Corps. As with previous attacks on Alliance worlds, scout forces arrived on Tellman IV in mid-September ahead of the main force, tasked with identifying and preparing a suitable landing zone for the bulk of the SLDF forces. What the V Corps scout forces failed to detect was that they were under constant observation by scouts from Pitcairn's assembled force, who used their observations to position the entire Alliance force ready for the SLDF landing. 
Day of Vengeance
Forlough's DropShips landed on the 17th of September and began setting up a temporary encampment while a heavy scout force was sent out. This was the trigger for Pitcairn's ambush; within 20 minutes, the SLDF scout 'Mechs had been destroyed, and Pitcairn's forces were engaged in battle with the main SLDF force inside the SLDF landing zone.
Pitcairn's forces were attempting to destroy tanks and 'Mechs before their crews could finish preparing them for battle, but the battle itself rapidly became a virtual firestorm as three years of Alliance rage and frustration was released against the Star League forces. With the cry "Cerberus Lives!" audible above the noise of battle, the Alliance forces battled the SLDF troops until after nightfall; the battlefield was a swirling maelstrom of chaos which only increased as frantic SLDF DropShip crews began firing at real and imagined targets, and escalated further still as several DropShips lifted off, damaging Alliance and V Corps forces alike with their drive plumes.
By the time Forlough ordered a general retreat from Tellman IV, the battle had inflicted a heavy cost on the assembled Alliance forces; more than a hundred Alliance 'Mechs had been lost, and almost another hundred had been badly damaged, losses that could partially be recouped from salvaged SLDF equipment but which would take time to recover from. The material losses for the SLDF forces had been greater, though; the Alliance "Day of Vengeance" had cost V Corps more than 200 'Mechs, 200 vehicles, four DropShips and almost 2,000 men - 800 of whom had been captured and would end up in Alliance POW camps. In a single day-long battle V Corps had lost a third of it's effective combat strength and Forlough's raids on the Alliance had been checked.
AFFS forces launched a heavy raid on Tellman IV between the 21st and 28th of June 3072, attempting to find what they believed to be Word of Blake command centers on the planet. Despite the quantity of AFFS forces committed to the raid, the Outworlds Alliance and Clan Snow Raven forces defending Tellman IV were able to quickly defeat and capture the AFFS troops.
- - At this point in time, the 3rd Alliance Air Wing were deployed across Ferris, Tellman IV and Valasha. The 3rd Alliance Air Wing was at 90% of full strength.
- Second Regiment
- Third Regiment
Planets within 2 jumps (60 light-years). Closest planets first:
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 147, "Outworlds Alliance after Age of War (2571) and at the Fall of the Star League (2750)"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 48, "Federated Suns After Age of War -  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 106, "Reunification War: Outworlds Alliance Front Deployments (2581)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 124, "Day of Vengeance"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 126, "Year Five: Peace In Our Time"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report 2765: Periphery, p. 36, "Outworlds Alliance Militia Deployment Map - "
- Fiel Report 2765: Draconis Combine, p. 25, "Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery Deployment Map - "
- Historical: Liberation of Terra, p. 98, "Outworlds Alliance - ] Map
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 24-25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 54, "Federated Suns after First Succession War -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 112-113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Second Succession War, p. 18-19, "Inner Sphere - 2830"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 60, "Federated Suns After Second Succession War -  Map"
- Second Succession War, p. 78-79, "Inner Sphere - 2864"
- The Periphery (sourcebook), p.156, "The Outworlds Alliance Sector"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 70, "Federated Suns After Third Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 72, "Federated Suns after Fourth Succession War "
- Hanbook: House Davion, p. 76, "Federated Suns after War of 3039 -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere - 3052 Map"
- Objective Raids, p.46, "Map of Periphery States: The Outworlds Alliance Sector"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 77, "Federated Suns after Operation Guerrero -  Map"
- The Periphery, 2nd Edition, p. 110, "Outworlds Alliance"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Inner Sphere, p. 97, "Near Periphery Kingdoms Map"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 150, "Outworlds Alliance (3067)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 82, "Federated Suns after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, "Inner Sphere "
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 21, "Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 28, "Clan Snow Raven & Outworlds Alliance Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- The Periphery (sourcebook), p. 24
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 123, "Cerberus and the Baby Killers"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 124, "Baby Killers Unleashed" & "Battle for Lushann"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 141, "Outworlds Alliance Front"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 140-141, "Outworlds Alliance Front"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 22, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 50, "The Jihad In Review"
- Field Manual: SLDF, Outworlds Alliance Map
- Field Report 2765: Periphery, p. 17, "Outworlds Alliance - Regimental Status"
- Periphery (2nd Edition), pa. 52, Thermo Police
- Field Report: Clans, p. 24, "Alliance Military Command"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 128, "Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 174, "Clan Force Deployments - Alliance Militia Corps"
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report 2765: Draconis Combine
- Field Report 2765: Periphery
- Field Report: DCMS
- Field Report: Clans
- First Succession War
- Handbook: Major Periphery States
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- Inner Sphere (sourcebook)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Objective Raids
- The Periphery, First Edition
- The Periphery, Second Edition
- Second Succession War