Telos IV neighbouring systems
|X:Y Coordinates||43.94 : 40.27[e]|
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Birds|
|Ruler|| Dorothy Kressler (Governor)|
Uther Tamborowchuk (Planetary Legate)
- 2271 - Inhabited world 
- 2310 - Alliance of Galedon 
- 2311 - Independent world 
- 2312 - Alliance of Galedon (From April) 
- 2319 - Draconis Combine 
- 2341 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2571 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2596 - Draconis Combine 
- 2750 - Draconis Combine 
- 2764 - Draconis Combine 
- 2765 - Draconis Combine 
- 2771 - Amaris Empire 
- 2772 - Terran Hegemony (from September)
- 2782 - Terran Hegemony
- 2783 - Draconis Combine
- 2822 - Draconis Combine 
- 2864 - Draconis Combine 
- 3025 - Draconis Combine 
- 3030 - Draconis Combine 
- 3040 - Draconis Combine 
- 3050 - Draconis Combine 
- 3052 - Draconis Combine 
- 3057 - Draconis Combine 
- 3058 - Draconis Combine 
- 3063 - Draconis Combine 
- 3067 - Draconis Combine 
- 3075 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3076 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3079 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3081 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3085 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3135 - Draconis Combine 
- 3145 - Draconis Combine 
Telos IV has four continents: Dulles, Rustov, Fellin, and Haranshire. The capital city, Triumph, is located on Dulles.
Telos IV was one of the worlds that was abandoned by the Terran Alliance following the Outer Reaches Rebellion and the Demarcation Declaration of 2242; Telos IV survived as an independent world, and when Director Shiro Kurita of the Alliance of Galedon conducted a year-long tour of worlds near the Alliance in 2309-2310, he included both independent worlds such as Telos IV and worlds controlling small states. Director Kurita brought with him evidence purporting to show that one or more of the small states nearby had designs on conquering Telos IV, and offered to mediate between Telos IV and its opponents. He also offered to protect Telos IV by allowing Asgard to join the Alliance, thereby allying itself with a stronger power.
Telos IV accepted this proposal, not realizing that Director Kurita had invented the evidence and deliberately played a number of small states and worlds off against each other to dramatically expand the size of the Alliance. The worlds of Dieron and Altair were responsible for Director Kurita's subterfuge coming to light, when in June 2311 a dispute broke out between the two; each called on its great ally only to discover that they were both allied with Director Shiro Kurita. Each planetary ruler discovered that they had been promised the same things, and word soon spread to the other planets seduced by Director Kurita's diplomatic campaign.
Of all the worlds that had been tricked, those that took the greatest offense were the rulers of Asgard, Benjamin and Telos IV. Furious at having been manipulated and feeling betrayed, the three became increasingly hostile; Director Kurita responded by gathering together a thousand or more dignitaries and ruling lords from the northeast quadrant of the Inner Sphere to the Council of One summit in September 2311. He spoke passionately to those present of the need for cooperation between the worlds of the region for the betterment of all, and then called for a vote on his proposal of alliance. Those dignitaries who voted in favor departed safely; those who didn't were executed by the two companies of crack troops assembled around the summit by Shiro's brother Urizen Kurita before being shipped back to their next of kin.
With the Council of One dispensed with, Director Kurita deployed both the Alliance of Galedon fleet and his land forces to the conquest of Asgard, Benjamin and Telos IV. The troops landed that same September and began attempts to subdue the population. The inhabitants of Telos IV were determined to retain their freedom and resisted bitterly, adopting the same guerilla tactics used effectively by various worlds during the Outer Reaches Rebellion a century before. Director Kurita used every method at his disposal short of weapons of mass destruction, and the casualties on both sides were enormous, but eventually the three worlds were forced to capitulate, with Telos IV surrendering in April 2312.
The people of Telos IV were known for their stubbornness, a very useful quality to them given that they live on a world that is constantly subject to heavy rainstorms and tornadoes; it was in fact their stubborn nature led the Draconis Combine to cede the world to the Terran Hegemony after the Combine wasted years trying to force the inhabitants to do what was best for the Combine. Initially the relationship with the Terran Hegemony was also marked by passive resistance and work slowdowns, but when the Hegemony installed several storm inhibitor systems and improved their quality of life, the relationship improved dramatically. Telos IV was one of the worlds within the Lone Star Province of the Terran Hegemony.
Star League Era
During the Amaris Civil War, the Telosians returned to their methods of passive resistance, which led Amaris to abandon the world after smashing the storm inhibitors and local defense network. When the SLDF arrived, they found a world ready to support Operation LIBERATION. After the Exodus the world returned to the Draconis Combine. The passive resistance to the Dragon's way of life resumed, preventing the Dragon from making full use of the world's resources. Things improved when Theodore Kurita enacted his reforms however.
During the War of 3039 Telos IV was invaded by the 22nd Avalon Hussars and 12th Vegan Rangers Delta Regiment. The population was expected to help the invading AFFS forces, but the eased restrictions allowed by Theodore Kurita soured the population against the AFFS units. The citizens basically made everything for an AFFS soldier difficult, from using a nearly incomprehensible local dialect when talking to shop owners shortchanging soldiers or providing poor customer service. In July the 2nd Benjamin Regulars arrived to take the system back. They landed on the world and moved the AFFS troops more than 200 kilometers away from Triumph, the planet's capital city. Once the AFFS was out of position, the 41st Dieron Regulars landed around Triumph and in five hours had captured the AFFS DropShips and logistical system. The Hussars turned and engaged in a series of close range battles with the Dieron Regulars while the Vegan Rangers used a series of hit and run attacks against the Benjamin Regulars. This prevented the DCMS troops from joining forces, but the AFFS troops (particularly the Hussars) also had to deal with a large number of insurgents who would hit them and fade away into the population. Eventually it was too much, and the AFFS troops withdrew.
Like many worlds, Telos IV was occupied by the Word of Blake during the Jihad, and would remain an occupied world until the beginning of Operation SCOUR, the allied coalition invasion of the Word of Blake Protectorate. Telos IV was the first world to be targeted for liberation in the Draconis Combine wing of the operation, with troops landing on the 5th of February 3077. However, the liberation of Telos IV caused controversy in its' own right, as the allied coalition chose to garrison Telos IV and the nearby - and also recently liberated - world of Deneb Algedi with garrison forces from the Federated Suns. Where the DCMS had intended to deploy the Toguran Military Garrison and the New Samarkand Militia to garrison the worlds, these Combine forces were instead deployed to recently liberated worlds on the Free Worlds League front instead. These acts drew protests from Gunji-no-Kanrei Kiyomori Minamoto to General Belle Lee of the allied coalition.
Telos IV was home to a satellite branch of Luthien Armor Works which operated manufacturing or refining facilities on the continents of Dulles and Rostov, and internal memos obtained by a new agency on Luthien in April 3077 highlighted the damage the LAW interests on Telos IV had taken - and led to questions about the level of damage inflicted on the local industry by the Combine forces, not just the Blakists. The Pembrose facility on the continent of Rostov was the least damaged, and yet it was only capable of operating at 43% of its' original output. The Stanly & Sons facility on Dulles had been sabotaged, and the high-yield nuke used to sabotage the plant had effectively destroyed it; most damning was the damage done to the facility in Triumph due to damage by Blakist nukes and the liberal use of nukes by both sides in and around Triumph.
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
|Pike IV||24.8||Al Na'ir||25.2||Quentin||29.9||Nirasaki||30.5||Biham||31.5|
|Yance I||37.2||Halstead Station||37.7||Dyev||38.8||Sadachbia||40.6||Lockdale||41.4|
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 42, "Telos IV World Profile"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 16, "Free Worlds League Founding - [ Map"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 24, "Conquest of resistance"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 23, "Political Manuvers"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 18, "Draconis Combine -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Lyran Commonwealth Founding -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25, "Lyran Commonwealth after Age of War -  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 138, "Operation LIBERATION Wave 1 [July 2772 - December 2774]"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 118, "Digesting The Hegemony"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere - 2822"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 60, "Federated Suns After Second Succession War "
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), "Draconis Combine Map - "
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 64, "Draconis Combine after Third Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 82, "Federated Suns after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 66, "Draconis Combine after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 71, "Federated Suns after Fourth Succesion War -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 68, "Draconis Combine after War of 3039 -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 76, "Federated Suns after War of 3039 Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 71, "Draconis Combine after Operation REVIVAL -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, Inner Sphere -  Map
- ">Handbook: House Davion, p. 78, "Federated Suns after Operation Guerrero -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 74, "Draconis Combine after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 42, "Inner Sphere - [October 3067] Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 56, "The Jihad In Review"
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 21, "Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 127, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 66, "31st Battle Squadron"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 39
- Historical: War of 3039, pp. 86-88
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 30, "Official Update"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 30, "Status: Telos IV"
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report: DCMS
- Handbook: House Davion
- Handbook: House Kurita
- Handbook: House Liao
- Handbook: House Marik
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130