10th Arcturan Guards
|Tenth Arcturan Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Nickname||The Mneme Regiment|
|Parent Formation||Arcturan Guards|
The Tenth Arcturan Guards was a part of the first expansion of the Arcturan Guards brigade following the founding of the original nine regiments. The expansion consisted of three regiments – the Tenth, Eleventh and Twelfth Arcturan Guards; having named each of the original nine regiments of the Guards for the Muses of Greek mythology, the Lyran Commonwealth attempted to continue the trend by naming the new regiments after the three Muses of Plutarch. In the case of the Tenth, that Muse was Mneme.
Star League Era
Like the other regiments of the Arcturan Guard, the Tenth struggled with boredom and ennui during the closing years of the Star League era; the Star League Defense Force acted as an effective deterrent in the main, making large-scale military deployments for the Tenth a rarity, and leaving the regiment to occupy itself with training exercises and garrison duty.
Over time, the Tenth had become steeped in the family traditions of House Steiner, and by 2765 that devotion had earned the Tenth a garrison posting to the capital world of the Commonwealth, Tharkad.
- Tenth Arcturan Guards (Veteran/Reliable)
- - At this point in time the Tenth were stationed on Tharkad.
- The Tenth Arcturan Guards appear to have been casualties of the Succession Wars.
- According to Greek mythology the Muse Mneme was the Muse of memory.
- Field Report: Lyran Commonwealth 2765, p. 8-9, "Arcturan Guards"
- Field Report: Lyran Commonwealth 2765, p. 9, "Regimental Status"