The Eyes in the Dark
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
|The Eyes in the Dark|
|X:Y Coordinates||-935.26 : 297.01 [e]|
The Eyes in the Dark is a significant astronomical feature in the anti-spinward Deep Periphery. Located approximately 980 light-years from Terra, beyond the main body of the Aquila Rift, the location of the astronimical feature was released by Interstellar Expeditions on charts in 3095. Named by Explorer Corps, The Eyes in the Dark is a binary star system where both stars are red giants, massive ancient stars, one of which is believed to be within five to ten million years time of core collapse, which would lead to a Type II supernova.
The Eyes in the Dark was first identified in 2012 with the publication of Interstellar Players 3: Interstellar Expeditions. Other than the astrogeographical location of The Eyes in the Dark, no information was provided in the system; in the absence of further information on the Deep Periphery no further detail is likely to be available on The Eyes in the Dark.
- Interstellar Players 3: Interstellar Expeditions, p. 49, "Astrographical Overview"
- Interstellar Players 3: Interstellar Expeditions, p. 50, "Deep Periphery (Anti-Spinward Sector)"