The Filthy Lucre
|The Filthy Lucre|
|Unit Profile (as of 3025)|
|CO||Colonel Ashley Timson|
Alongside Narhal's Raiders, the Filthy Lucre were hired by the Lyran Commonwealth during the lull between the First and Second Succession Wars. At the start of the Second Succession War in 2830 the Lucre were stationed on the Tamar Pact capital of Tamar. By the end of that brutal Lucre were stationed on Alexandria.
By the time of the Third Succession War, the Lucre were judged to have performed their duties quite well by House Steiner, spending so much time in the Commonwealth that the unit had established roots in the Lyran realm. Based off this alone, barring the unexpected, outside observers fully expected the Filthy Lucre would be absorbed into the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces.
While ultimately that did not come to pass, as of 3025 the Lucre remained under contract to the Lyran Commonwealth stationed on Bolan. With the unit in debt to the Lyran government, that the Lucre would renew with the Commonwealth when their then-present contract expired in July 3027 seemed a forgone conclusion. 
Heavy Regiment (95% strength) - Regular/Questionable.
Medium Regiment (38% strength) - Regular/Reliable.
The Filthy Lucre (Regiment/Regular/Questionable)
- Second Succession War, p. 100 "Second Succession War Deployment Table - Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces - Mercenary Combat Commands (LCAF)"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 66 "History - The Third Succession War"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 121 "Unit Deployment Table (as of 3025) - Military District 3 (Hesperus)
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 82 "History - Current Events - Mercenary Profiles"
- Historical: War of 3039 , p. 140