The Jaguar's Stride (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
|The Jaguar's Stride|
|Unit Profile (as of 3058)|
|Parent Formation||Clan Smoke Jaguar Touman|
The The Jaguar's Stride was the Naval Reserve formation of Clan Smoke Jaguar.
The Naval Reserve of Clan Smoke Jaguar appears to comprise only of transport JumpShips in 3058, the equivalent of almost eight Naval Stars. During Operation Bulldog several Jaguar commands were left without transport when their assets were used during the counter attack. This may indicate that the Clusters had the minimum of transport assets attached, with JumpShips from the Reserve being assigned as needed.
The fate of the Naval Reserve during the chaos of the Clan's annihilation is not known. It may have transported the bulk of the warrior caste back to Huntress with Hang Mehta's force, although the individual Cluster's organic transport assets could have undertaken this. Certainly some units such as the 7th Garrison Cluster were left behind due to lack of JumpShips. Later sighting of Jaguar survivors in the Periphery show that these groups had access to JumpShips, possibly from the Reserve.
It appears that it was primarily a non-combatant unit, providing transport back up to Smoke Jaguar Clusters.
- 3 Clan Monolith-class JumpShips
- 9 Clan Star Lord-class JumpShips
- 7 Clan Invader-class JumpShips
- 12 Clan Merchant-class JumpShips
- 7 Scout-class JumpShips
- It is unclear if this unit constituted the entire transport fleet of all the Clusters in the Occupation Zone or if this reserve was in addition to transport assets assigned to individual Clusters.
- It is also unclear if any DropShips were permanently attached.
- The Odyssey class JumpShip that Trent travelled to Huntress on is interestingly not included in the Naval Reserve listings.
- Invading Clans, p. 70
- The Dragon Roars, p. 46, 58-9
- The Dragon Roars, p. 52
- Field Manual: Periphery, p. 133
- Shattered Sphere, p. 123, "Bandit Activity"
- Living Legends, p. 14