The Swan's Eye
- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
|X:Y Coordinates||640.868 : -617.092[e]|
The Swan's Eye is a significant astronomical feature in the spinward Deep Periphery. Located almost 890 light-years from Terra and approximately 370 light-years beyond Great Gorge, the cluster is perched on the rimward edge of the Orion Rift, on the border of the Deep Periphery's rimward sector. The location of the Swan's Eye was released by Interstellar Expeditions on charts in 3095.
The cluster is between 2 and 3 hundred million years old, with plenty planets, though most are limited to life still in the single cell stage of evolutionary development.
- The Swan's Eye, also known as Messier 39 or the M-39 Open Cluster, is a real-world astronomical feature associated with the constellation known as the Swan, aka Cygnus. See also Cygnus (disambiguation).
- Interstellar Players 3: Interstellar Expeditions, p. 62, "Deep Periphery (Spinward Sector)"
- Interstellar Players 3: Interstellar Expeditions, p. 76, "Deep Periphery (Rimward Sector)"
- Interstellar Players 3: Interstellar Expeditions, p. 70, "Astrographical Overview"