31st Marik Militia
|31st Marik Militia|
|Unit Profile (as of 3059)|
|Parent Formation||Marik Militia|
The 31st Marik Militia was formed in 2980 at the same time as the 30th Marik Militia. The 31st often suffered from supply problems, which forced the techs assigned to the unit to get creative when fixing or modifying the 31st equipment. The 31st spent much of the time from its founding to the Fourth Succession War guarding the planet of Uhuru. During the Fourth SW the 31st split into its component battalions and raided several Lyran worlds.
In 3014 the 31st didn't initially play an active role in suppressing Anton Marik's rebellion. Instead they were besieged on Uhuru by the 9th Lyran Regulars and Narhal's Raiders. They were relieved by the 3rd Oriente Hussars and 5th Oriente Hussars. Shortly thereafter they reinforced the 15th Marik Militia on Berenson, and the two units eventually destroyed the 3rd Marik Militia on Park Place.
4th Succession War
During the War of 3039 the 31st faced multiple Federated Commonwealth raids, most notably by the 9th Lyran Regulars. They left their garrison on Uhuru and seized Callison. Unfortunately the AFFC High Command ordered the Davion Assault Guards to attack the world, and ten days later the 31st was driven off Callison. Though they managed to destroy a lance of Assault Guards, it cost them two companies.
The 31st didn't participate in Operation Guerrero. At this time they were too busy trying to get their hands on upgraded technology to replace the Succession Wars era equipment they had been issued.
The 31st Marik Militia was part of Operation Broken Fist, the defense of the Free Worlds League against invading forces from the Lyran Commonwealth's Skye and Bolan Provinces. Later they were assigned to Group III of the Coalition's Lyran Thrust, along with the 6th Benjamin Regulars and the 1st Federated Suns Lancers. A Word of Blake decapitation strike killed most of the 31st's officers along with those of the 6th Benjamin Regulars and 1st Federated Suns Lancers; as a result, the 31st Marik Militia found themselves under the overall command of the Lyran Lieutenant General Thomas Hogarth. During the assault on Terra, elements of the 31st assaulted Moscow with the Skye Guards and the 7th Free Worlds Legionnaires. These troops, approximately a battalion's worth, took heavy losses and was effectively destroyed. The remainder of the unit was recalled to the Tamarind District. There they split into two battalion sized formations and garrisoned the Griffith and Alorton systems.
During this time the 31st created a series of defensive fortifications near and around the various cities on Alorton. The 31st then used air and rail transport to swiftly move troops to trouble zones. This meticulous planning let the 31st drive off many Lyran raids with few losses.
The 31st is a long-serving garrison unit, and has never developed any particular tactical specialties. One area where they do shine is their respect for anti-aircraft forces. This developed after the 31st lost several 'Mechs to Lyran Commonwealth conventional fighters on Arcadia.
31st Marik Militia (Regiment/Green/Reliable)
- CO: Lieutenant Colonel Millicent Anson
31st Marik Militia (Regiment/Regular/Fanatical)
- CO: Colonel David Sloane
- CO/1st Battalion: Colonel David Sloane
- XO: Force Commander Julien Guerrero
- 2nd Battalion: Force Commander Fairarza Anwar
- 3rd Battalion: Force Commander Rose Leyton
- Wing Commander: Commodore Madeleine Wolf
- Armor Commander: Force Commander: Lucas De Witt
- Troop Commander: Lt. Colonel Martin Kyle
- The 93rd is equipped with laser-rifles and man-pack PPCs
The Thirty-First lost a battalion on Terra. This, combined with losses from earlier in the Jihad, reduced them to about two thirds of their pre-Jihad strength..
31st Marik Militia (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel David Sloane
31st Militia Aerospace (Wing/Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Captain Jorunn Marko
37th Tamarind Heavy Armor (Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Lieutenant Colonel Fred Crawford
44th Tamarind Regulars (Regular/Fanatical)
- CO: Lieutenant Colonel Zackary Herbert
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 68, "31st Marik Militia Unit Profile"
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 24
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 26, 31
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 78
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 149
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 80
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 27, "We Have Met The Enemy"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 96
- Field Report: FWLM, p. 11
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 89
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 108, "FWLM Deployment Table - 3025"
- 20 Year Update, p. 56, "FWLM Deployment Table - 3050"
- Objective Raids, p. 38, "FWLM Deployment Table - 3054"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 160, "FWLM Deployment Table - 3067"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 93, "FWLM Deployment Table - 3085"
- Historical: War of 3039 , p. 140