- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of ????)|
Thor's Hammers were a mercenary unit with a notable emphasis on artillery.
As of 31 January 3075 Thor's Hammer were stationed on Zanderij in support of their fellow mercenaries in the Tooth of Ymir and Greenburg's Godzillas where they performed superbly against Clan Jade Falcon's Iota Galaxy. At this time, Thor's Hammer counted Captain Gustav Colt of the now-defunct 12th Star Guards among their roster, a veteran artilleryman in command of collection of artillery-armed 'Mechs nicknamed "Hobart's Funnies" which were described as Major Napoleon Hobart's latest experiment.
As of 31 October 3085 Thor's Hammers were listed as a D-rated battalion-sized unit of regular experience and reliable loyalty under CO Major Napoleon Hobart, in Lyran Commonwealth employ and stationed on Arc-Royal. Their nominal strength was given as 85%, with a 57% upgrade rating.
- "Hobart's Funnies" is probably a homage to the various engineering, breaching, amphibious and other specialized tank variants operated by the British 79th Armoured Division during World War II, nicknamed "Hobart's Funnies" after their commander, Major General Percy Hobart.
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 182
- According to its entry in the Master Unit List, the new, upgraded HEP-4H Helepolis variant by VEST was introduced in 3074.
- 31 January 3075 being the "current" date for the Technical Readout: 3075 document according to its preface on p. 4
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 160
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 182