|Manufacturer||Maltex Corporation, Earthwerks Incorporated|
|Chassis||Earthwerks VOL Endo Steel|
|Communications System||Colmax 90|
The Thug was designed by Maltex Corporation as a direct competitor to the popular Warhammer BattleMech. First seeing production in 2572, the Thug brings the advantages of greater heat dissipation capabilities, Endo Steel construction and CASE protection for its vulnerable ammunition. When compared side-by-side, the Thug has a great many advantages over the Warhammer, yet it never reached the same level of popularity as its competitor. Maltex produced the Thug until 2835, when their primary plant was destroyed. Since then, Earthwerks (Tikonov) has continued production under its license from Maltex.
The armament on the Thug is a very simple, yet effective, combination. For striking power, it carries two arm mounted Tiegart Particle Projector Cannons, similar in performance to those found on the Warhammer yet ten percent smaller. Backing up the PPCs are two Bical-6 SRM-6 launchers that allow the Thug to capitalize on any breaches in the enemy's armor. When fired together at the same target, only the strongest 'Mech can survive such a barrage.
- The 10E is a downgraded version of the 11E produced by Earthwerks Incorporated following the destruction of Maltex's facilities in 2835. The primary changes come from the loss of the double heat sinks, CASE, and the Endo Steel structure. To compensate for the weight needed for a standard structure, the SRMs have been downgraded from six tube launchers to four tube. In addition, the Thug lost one ton of ammunition. While this version can still compete with the Warhammer, the replacement of its double heat sinks with single heat sinks takes away its greatest advantage. BV (1.0) = 1,203, BV (2.0) = 1,501
- Take an extremely powerful long range 'Mech, extend its range and accuracy, and put it in the hands of the Inner Sphere's two most secretive organizations and you have the 12E Thug. The PPCs have been upgraded to ER PPCs and an improved C3 computer has been added. To make the change to a C3i computer, a double heat sink, one ton of ammunition, and the corresponding CASE were removed. BV (1.0) = 1,476 (C3: 202), BV (2.0) = 1,751
- The 13K is a variant that removes many of the traditional strengths of the Thug to increase its damage potential. The missiles have been removed and the 'Mech is now powered by an XL Engine. This, combined with the loss of a half-ton or armor, reduces the much-vaunted survivability of the Thug. Another heat sink is removed from the 12E, but the armament has been replaced with three Heavy PPCs. Though this gives the 13K great damage potential, it can quickly overwhelm its heat dissipation system. Two Medium Pulse Lasers provide close range defense in case an enemy gets within the minimum range of the PPCs and an Improved C3 CPU enables it to share targeting telemetry with other units equipped with the same. BV (2.0) = ???
 Custom Variants
- Thug Marita
- The custom variant piloted by ex-Com Guard and Broadsword Legion CO Kari Marita, the standard PPCs have been swapped for Clantech ER PPCs, helping to free up weight for a C3i unit. 
- THG-11E Reich
- The personal 'Mech of Wild Geese member Major Sandy Reich, the ex-Com Guard's Thug has been retrofitted with Clan-spec replacement weaponry, Clan ER PPCs and Streak SRM-6s fit neatly into the old locations. Four jump jets are included to increase mobility.  BV (2.0) = 2,612 
 Related BattleMechs
- Hatamoto-Chi - The armament of the Thug inspired the Draconis Combine's redesign of the Charger, the Hatamoto.
- ↑ MUL online date for the Thug
- ↑ Combat Operations, pc. 107
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 217
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Record Sheets: 3039, pg. 173 & Technical Readout: 3039, pp. 274-275
- ↑ Combat Operations, p. 130
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3075, p. 169
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabriged, p.180
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 31
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3050 (Clan & Star League), p. 226
- ↑ Combat Operations, p. 124
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3050 (Clan & Star League), p. 227
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3050 (Clan & Star League), p. 228
- ↑ Field Manual: Mercenaries Revised, p. 49 "Broadsword Legion: Warriors of Steel"
- ↑ Mercenaries Supplemental II, p. 64 "The Wild Geese: Swords and Spurs"
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3050 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 297
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 216
- Combat Operations
- Field Manual: Mercenaries Revised
- Mercenaries Supplemental II
- Record Sheets: 3025/3026
- Record Sheets: 3039
- Record Sheets: 3050
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrade (Clan & Star League)
- Record Sheets: 3067
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War
- Technical Readout: 2750
- Technical Readout: 3025 Revised
- Technical Readout: 3039
- Technical Readout: 3050
- Technical Readout: 3050 Revised
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3075