- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Meet the competitive leagues of MechWarrior Online
- Read more →
Thunder Bombs, also known as FASCAM Bombs, are the air-dropped equivalent to Thunder Arrow Missiles developed by the Terran Hegemony in 2623. Although preserved by the Clans, the design was lost to the Inner Sphere until it was recovered by the Capellan Confederation in 3051 following the Clan Invasion. The Capellans would go on to create variations that deployed Anti-Jump "Active" Mines and Vibrabombs in 3056.
Thunder Bombs weigh 1 ton and take up 1 bomb slot. They follow the standard bombing rules, however instead of dealing direct damage they deploy a minefield onto the target hex with a density of 20 points. Units within a hex struck by a Thunder bomb may exit the minefield without damage, however other units passing through it follow the standard minefield rules.
- Tactical Operations, p. 360