- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
|Production Year||Introduction Year::3071|
|Armor||Kressly Stoneskin 50|
|Communications System||Kressly-Lantern Allet C500|
|Targeting Tracking System||Kressly-Lantern Allet T101|
|Heat Sinks||18 Double heat sinks|
The Titan II is a BattleMech produced by Kressly WarWorks on Epsilon Eridani for the Word of Blake's Protectorate Militia. First identified by the Successor States in 3071, the Titan II owes its existence to the Titan, a prototype that dates to 2765. That design was unearthed by the Federated Suns in 3023 and led to the Grand Titan. That design deviated significantly from the original, while the Titan II is more of an upgrade using new weaponry.
Like the original, the Titan II has a top speed of 54 km/h and nineteen tons of standard armor. Since the 'Mech is produced for the Blakists' garrison forces, it makes no use of expensive, weight-saving technologies. It also lacks the advanced electronics that have become the hallmark of Word military forces.
Weapons and Equipment
While the Titan II is effective at all ranges, it is still reminiscent of its antecedent's role as a brawler. Its main long-range fire comes from a Blankenburg "Divine Wrath" Heavy PPC. This is supplemented by a pair of Helga MML-9s, though they are more effective up close. In addition to those missiles, when it closes with an enemy, the Titan II can cut loose with a ZT Triple Fire Streak SRM-6, four Diplan M3-XR ER Medium Lasers and a single Kressly Premiere Optics ER Small Laser. Eighteen double heat sinks are usually up to the task of keeping the 'Mech cool.
- The original Titan never reached full-scale production, though rumors abound that the Federated Suns produced prototypes, some with upgraded technology. The 1A called for two PPCs, six Medium Lasers, four SRM-4s, and an SRM-6. It only had twenty-two heat sinks and a different armor configuration. BV (2.0) = 1,959 This early prototype was designed sometime in the year 2787.
- The Titan was reintroduced into production during the Dark Age era. It replaced the SRM-6 with an SRM-4 and the twenty-two heat sinks were replaced by sixteen double heat sinks. It added CASE to the ammunition bays, added three Jump Jets, and upgraded the PPCs to extended range models. BV (2.0) = 2,328
- This Titan variant was introduced at the same time as the TI-1Aj. It uses the same SRM-4 and double heat sink count, but uses three standard PPCs. BV (2.0) = 2,165
- A newer weapon configuration, the 2PA is designed for work against domestic insurgents. It has a pair of Plasma Rifles, four Medium Lasers, retains the Streak SRM launcher, and mounts two Machine Gun Arrays, each with four Machine Guns. It can also utilize a Beagle Active Probe to find hidden units. BV (2.0) = 2,468, 2,143
- Grand Titan - Heavily modified by Vining Engineering and Salvage Team, the basic Grand Titan possesses a 400 XL Engine and mounts a huge array of pulse Lasers and Artemis IV FCS-slaved missile systems. BV (2.0) = 1,364
- MUL online date for Titan II
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 95
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 94
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 97
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 414
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 198
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 199
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 98
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 415
- Technical Readout: 3055, pp. 90-91
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 94