Touring the Stars: McEvedy's Folly
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Meet the competitive leagues of MechWarrior Online
- Read more →
|Touring the Stars - McEvedy's Folly|
|Type||Source Book Companion|
|Development||Joshua C. Perian|
|Primary writing|| Aaron “Gravedigger” Pollyea (Writing) |
Herbert A. Beas II (Editing)
|Cover artwork||David Kerber-(Design & Layout)|
|Illustrations|| Ray Arrastia (Maps) |
David Kember (Maps)
|Publisher||Catalyst Game Labs|
|First published||July 2nd, 2016|
|Series||Touring the Stars|
|Preceded by||Touring the Stars: Inglesmond|
|Followed by||Touring the Stars: Butte Hold|
Touring the Stars: McEvedy's Folly (shorted as TtS:McEvedy's Folly) is the Ninth in a series of supplemental Sourcebooks designed to detail worlds featured in the BattleTech Universe. The book is part of a series of in-universe profiles of articles written by Professor Bertram Habeas, in his series of books collectively known as Touring the Stars.
In this book, Mr. Habeas writes up the world of McEvedy's Folly. Telling the tale of beginnings of a late Star League era terraforming, where its lead Dr. McEvedy unusual fascinations with world and developing flightless birds leads to its failure as fully terraformed world. Mr. Habeas's book goes on tell the tale of its rediscovery and struggles to claim the world. This book gives the world's history and current situation during the Late Republic Era or better known as the Dark Age era.
This book marks the beginning of a line of PDF web-exclusive products produced by Catalyst Game Labs both for players using the A Time of War RPG rules and players using the Total Warfare series of books as a backdrop for their game.
|“|| McEvedy's Folly—a world where mad science ran rampant. In the grip of an ice age in the final years of the Star League, the planet once known as "Project SAGITARIUS UMBRELLA" was of little interest to anyone, save for brilliant xenobiologist Alpheus McEvedy. Under the aegis of terraforming, McEvedy played god with the primitive fauna, using them as vehicles to recreate long extinct species from across the Inner Sphere—as well as other rumored abominations. McEvedy and his team were eventually abandoned as the Star League fell, and the planet was lost for centuries—while only the legend of McEvedy's Folly remained.
Touring the Stars is a whistle-stop tour of the universe! Every system and planet where mankind treads in the BattleTech universe has a story, for those with the drive to explore it. Take a tour of the stars humanity now calls home, experience awesome new worlds, immerse yourself in the local civilization, and prepare to do battle in exotic locales.
- Atlas - History of McEvedy's Folly
- A Time of War Seed (RPG Tracks)
- TERRORFORM - “HOW MUCH FOR JUST THE PLANET?”
- STOP THE TICKING CLOCK - “REMEMBER TO WASH YOUR HANDS WHEN YOU GET BACK...”
- Rules Annex
- Optional Rules
- Crested Mammoth (Flightless Bird)
- Thunderbird (Flightless Bird)
- McEvedy's Folly Map
- Four page BattleForce 2 map of McEvedy's Folly
- Unlike other sourcebooks, Touring the Stars - McEvedy's Folly lacks an explicit table of contents. The list shown here was assembled from page headings.