|Trireme Infantry Transport|
|Manufacturer||Michaelson Heavy Industries|
|Use||Battle Armor Transport|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Chassis Type (Size)||VTOL (Large)|
|Power Plant||Fusion Engine|
|Barrier Armor Rating (BAR)||BAR 3|
|BV (2.0)|| 123|
The Trireme is a VTOL Support vehicle designed to transport large formations of Battle Armor troops to back areas of combat zones. Michaelson Heavy Industries' design won the bid for the newly formed Republic of the Sphere's RAF Quartermasters office need for Battle Armor transport.
Equipment and Capabilities
Focused on as a Transport, the vehicle dedicates much of transport capacity to its cargo bay. With 36 ton Cargo Bay capacity allows for transport 2 Platoons of Battle Armor and supporting equipment or entire Battalion worth of Battle Armor. The troops exiting the vehicle would depart through the rear door of the VTOL.
However the craft is not intended for front line combat, given its hull is protected by only one ton of Commercial Armor. Its vehicle's Fusion Engine only allows the craft to reach up to nearly 100 kilometers per-hour, but its considered slower than typical VTOL transport of the era.
- Combat Support (CS) : A variant designed to help the design to cope with some combat threats, this model is noted only having a cargo capacity reduced in half. The Trireme's engine is upgraded it to allow to handle additional armor and increasing of its speed to 120 km/h. It is also noted for inclusion of paired SRM-2s and a Guardian ECM Suite. BV(2.0)=417
- Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental, pp. 22-23, "Trireme Infantry Transport"
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 75
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 76
- MUL online entry for the Trireme (CS) variant