- Lead Developer Brent Evans Answers Big Questions On The Future Of BattleTech
- Was the Early Portrayal of the Capellan Confederation an Example of Yellow Peril?
- Mechwarrior Online World Championship Semi-Finals Seeding Games
- New Campaign Begins on MegaMekNET
- BATTLETECH Multiplayer Review - A Battle Of Titans
- Read more →
|Mech type||Mixed-tech BattleMech|
|Chassis||Prototype Hybrid Tripod Chassis|
|Armor||Clan Ferro Fibrous Armor|
|Engine||375 XL Fusion Engine (Clan)|
|Targeting Tracking System||Unspecified|
|Heat Sinks||15 Double HeatSinks (Clan)|
2x LRM-15 (Clan)
Development of the 'Mech is owed in part to the Posedion and Ares Superheavy Tripod BattleMechs, which had been successful in their initial deployments outside of the Republic's walled borders. Republic Armed Forces, seeing the successful use and notable mobility of the Tripod's unique leg arrangement, wanted to push the concept further by having a smaller and faster tripod developed.
Development would be placed in the hands of Rhodes Foundry group on Devil's Rock, where initial production of the Triskelion would be produced by hand. Early examples of the 'Mech were handed to the Sixteenth Hastati Sentinels, where they would be first deployed in a successful raid on the House Liao held world of Ruchbah in 3148. The Sixteenth's Triskelion performed well in their first deployment against the First Liao Guards.
Weapons and Equipment
Like all Tripod designs, the Triskelion features a three leg configuration and is able to turn its torso in 360 degrees. Its crew inhabits a two man 4-ton Cockpit, where each pilot's seat is dedicated to gunnery or piloting the 'Mech. The 'Mech features a number of advanced Clan-Tech grade technologies, which would be giving it more of an edge in terms of weight saving and performance. Built into the Triskelion's Prototype Hybrid Tripod Chassis is its 375-Rated Clan Extra-Light Fusion Engine, propelling it to upwards to 85 kilometers per hour. For endurance and weight saving, the Triskelion's hull is equipped with 13.5 tons of Clan Ferro-Fibrous armor and utilizes a Guardian ECM Suite for basic electronic warfare protection.
The weapons payload is balanced between long-range combat and blistering close-quarters fighting. Its main weaponry consists of a pair of Clan-grade 15-Tubed Long-Range Missile launchers, with enough CASE II protected ammunition for 16 volleys of fire per launcher. Each launcher also features an advanced Artemis V Fire Control System, which improves the hit ratio of the missiles hitting the Triskelion's targets. When moving in to close ranges, the crew can turn to use the 'Mech's arm mounted Clan Extended Range Medium Lasers. These lasers are fitted in pairs, mounted on each of the Mech's arms.
The Triskelion is subjected to the following Design Quirks.
- Triskelion's Alpha Strike notes that the 'Mech is a Brawler, with notable features including; CASEII, ECM, IF3, TURRET (6/6/3, IF3), and Point Value of 55.
- As of this writing, the Triskelion's record sheet is solely found in Experimental Technical Readout: Republic, Volume 3.
- Experimental Technical Readout: Republic, Volume 3, pp. 11, 33 - Triskelion "BV2 and introduction date for the Triskelion.
- MUL Profile for the TRK-4V Triskelion - BV2, Introduction Date, and Alpha Strike Card.
- Experimental Technical Readout: Republic, Volume 3, pp. 11 - Triskelion "Background information for the Triskelion.
- Experimental Technical Readout: Republic, Volume 3, pp. 11, 33 - Triskelion "Equipment and capacities of the Triskelion.
- MUL Alpha Strike Card for the Triskelion