|Manufacturer|| Aldis Industries |
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Drive System||Delano 1070|
|Safe Thrust||1.5 g|
|Max Thrust||2.5 g|
|Fuel (tons)||383 tons|
|Fuel (days)||208.2 days|
|Armament|| 1x PPC |
2x Large Lasers
8x Medium Lasers
|Armor|| 35 tons standard |
|Escape Pods/Life Boats||4/3|
|BV (2.0)||2,812|
One of the largest aerodyne DropShips produced, the squat and unglamorous Triumph-class is also one of the most versatile and resilient designs in common use throughout all the Successor States naval fleets.
The vessel's distinctive look is born of an attempt to balance aerodynamic maneuverability and rapid off-loading of its Battalions worth of Combat Vehicles. The large and easily accessible cargo bays are also highly adaptable, with many Triumphs modified to carry AeroSpace Fighters, BattleMechs and even surface naval craft. Even with relatively easy and fast cargo off-loading times, like many troop carriers, the Triumph is not designed to enter contested territory and its meager armor and weaponry leave the class extremely vulnerable to hostile fire.
Focused toward its role as a troop carrier, the Triumph has a fairly light amount of weapons, with a nose mounted PPC, AC/10, LRM-20 and twin Medium Lasers, supported by a AC/5, LRM-15, a Large Laser and two Mediums in each wing. The rear of the craft is protected by a single LRM-10 and two medium lasers, ensuring that the craft rarely enters contested territory without protection from AeroSpace Fighters and fellow DropShips.
Three huge cargo bays on the lowest decks of the craft give the Triumph the capacity to carry a complete armored vehicle battalion, easily accessible via the two large doors in the DropShip's sides. Two 1,000 ton capacity bays are located in the aft portion of the vessel, normal reserved for supplies and parts as restricted floor space limit them to a mere four vehicles. Despite their limited access they are almost ideal for carrying 'Mechs, a common modification.
- BBP Industries of Luthien unveiled a advanced-tech redesign of the Triumph in 3057, attempting to combat the venerable craft's lack luster weapons array, trading a Gauss Rifle for the AC/10, an ER PPC for the standard model, switching the large lasers for Extended Range models, trading two standard mediums for Medium Pulse Lasers, and adding Artemis IV FCS to all the LRM launchers. While only making fairly minor changes to the weapons, unlike many lostech refits BBP also attempted to redress some of the other annoyances of the Triumph, replacing the single large vehicle bay ramp with a pair of narrower ones which provides simultaneous access to both upper and lower bays, while also allowing the crew to shift vehicles about while in flight. The smaller bays have also been factory upgraded to include four 'Mech cubicles allow the upgraded Triumph to transport a 'Mech Lance as well as its armor battalion. BV (1.0) = 3,160, BV (2.0) = 3,282
Triumph Ship Gallery
- online date for the Triumph
- Technical Readout: 3057 Revised, pp. 46-47, "Triumph"
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 238
- DropShips and JumpShips, pp. 32-33, "Triumpf-class DropShip"
- Technical Readout: 3057, pp. 48-49, "Triumph"
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 239
- online date for the Assault Triumph