|Trojan Class Blockade Runner|
|Use|| Cargo Ship |
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Length||81.5 meters meters|
|Width||81.5 meters meters|
|Height||78 meters meters|
|Safe Thrust||1.5 g|
|Max Thrust||2.5 g|
|Fuel (tons)||250 tons|
|Armament|| 6 x LRM 20s |
2 x Large Lasers
12 x Medium Lasers
|Crew|| 1 Officer |
10 bay personnel
The Trojan is a Periphery produced armed cargo vessel, which was originally conceived as an unarmed light cargo ship during the Star League era. Premiered in 2720, the ship was one of the few ships allowed to be produced in Periphery States by the Star League. The ship was based loosely on the Union Class 'Mech carrier.
Elements of resistance arose during this time, due to the Star League's rising taxes. In the Taurian Concordat, many unarmed Danais were converted into Blockade Runners, armed with weaponry for smuggling & self-defense purposes. The ship's cargo and passenger capacity was slightly reduced to accommodate these changes.
After the fall of the Star League, many of the Danais were converted into Trojans due to the hazards and perils of the Succession Wars. The design remained in service in the Jihad era, where many of the ships have kept the lines of communication alive between worlds cut off when the HPG grid was disrupted during the conflict. Some of these ships had been also used to smuggle cargo in and out of the Word of Blake's Protectorate
Hidden behind blowout panels, the ship is armed with the following weaponry:
- Two LRM-20s and two Medium Lasers
- Two LRM-20s, one Large Laser, and two Medium Lasers on each side.
- Two Medium Lasers
- Two Medium Lasers
Cargo & Capacities
The Trojan has six passenger cabins, with a 1,550 ton cargo bay. The bay has two access doors on its sides. The ship also has a Small Craft bay with room for two craft with two doors.
The ship is protected by 23 tons of standard armor and has 15 tons LRM Ammunition for its launchers.
- Danais Cargo Ship
- The original version of the Trojan, this ship has no weaponry on it. The ship was designed with a single Cargo Bay with 1,700 ton capacity. It has two doors allowing access into the bay. The ship also had ten 2nd class passenger cabins for paying customers traveling from port to port. It has a Small Craft hangar big enough for two craft with two separate launch bay doors. C-Bill 69,412,000 - BV (2.0) = 1,004
- MUL online date for the Trojan
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 153, "Trojan"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 167, "Danais (Record Sheet)"