12th Donegal Guards
|Twelfth Donegal Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 3025)|
|Nickname||Deadly Dozen (2765)|
The Crocodiles (3050)
|Parent Formation||Donegal Guards|
During the Fourth Succession War the Twelfth landed on Stanzach. They captured the world, but during the Draconis Combine counterattack they were hard pressed by the 9th Pesht Regulars and 13th Rasalhague Regulars. The 8th Donegal Guards reinforced the Twelfth, which kept Stanzach in Lyran hands. Shortly thereafter, the Twelfth and Eighth were reinforced by the First Tyr Regiment. The Twelfth continued to fight alongside the Tyr and Eighth Guards regiments against the DCMS forces for several months, and eventually drove the Combine forces off-world.
In 3050 on Trell I, Clan Jade Falcon deployed three full Clusters against the unit in an attempt to capture Victor Steiner-Davion who had been assigned to the Twelfth after his graduation from the Nagelring The unit was destroyed during the brutal fighting against the elite Jade Falcon Guards and the supporting 1st and 5th Falcon Striker Clusters.
|Commanding Officers of the 12th Donegal Guards|
|Tyron Winters||2763 - 2765|
|Jeremy Hawksworth||3046 to 3050|
12th Donegal Guards (Regular/Questionable)
12th Donegal Guards (Green/Reliable)
- Field Report 2765: LCAF, p. 11, "Donegal Guards" - Regimental Status
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 61
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, pp. 65-66
- Vengeance (Blitzkrieg), p. 4
- Lethal Heritage, p. 63
- Lethal Heritage, p. 109
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook, p. 26, "Trell I"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 118 (pdf version), "Unit Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update, p. 25
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 120
- Historical: War of 3039 , p. 137