25th Arcturan Guards
|Twenty-fifth Arcturan Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 3071)|
|Nickname||The Kewran Wolfhounds|
|Parent Formation||Arcturan Guards|
Fourth Succession War
The Twenty-fifth Arcturan Guards were deployed alongside a sister regiment, the Twenty-fourth and the Blackhearts mercenary unit for the invasion of Basiliano in the first wave of attacks that marked the beginning of the Fourth Succession War. Basiliano was a small, water poor world made significant purely because of its location on the border between the Draconis Combine and the Lyran Commonwealth. Garrisoning Basiliano at the time were the Night Stalkers, a DCMS regiment that had acquired a degree of notoriety for their raids into the Commonwealth, and the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces were keen to inflict some payback on the Night Stalkers.
Commanding the Night Stalkers was Colonel Lloyd McGavin; despite their superior numbers the Lyran forces were outclassed by the Night Stalkers, although the Lightning Companies of the Twenty-fourth and Twenty-fifth allowed the Lyran forces to keep the pressure on the Night Stalkers despite McGavin's efforts to outmaneuver the attackers. After three weeks the Night Stalkers finally ran out of room to maneuver near the city of Padua, after the Lightning Company from the Twenty-fourth managed to distract the Night Stalkers long enough for the Lightning Company from the Twenty-fifth to circle behind them. McGavin made the mistake of getting tied down with the two companies, allowing the heavier elements of the Twenty-fourth and the Blackhearts to encircle his command. With no hope of continuing to hold Basiliano, the Night Stalkers managed to escape, but only through sacrificing a company of heavier 'Mechs during their escape.
The Twenty-fourth and Twenty-fifth Arcturan Guards went on to attack Hohenems in the exploitation phase that followed the first wave of attacks during Operation GÖTTERDÄMMERUNG following the order to begin the exploitation phase on the 21st of October 3028. The two RCTs were then deployed again in the final wave of Operation GÖTTERDÄMMERUNG, capturing Unzmarkt.
During the Clan Invasion the Twenty-fifth fought Clan Wolf on Sevren in 3051. The Twenty-fifth fought the Wolves Beta Galaxy to a standstill at first, but the Wolves were able to exploit weaknesses in the Guards' line and destroy a battalion headquarters unit. They later fought Clan Jade Falcon on Colmar. They managed to score some initial successes, but were forced to flee, evacuating civilians during the withdrawal. They were stationed on the Jade Falcon border after the Battle of Tukayyid. At this time the Wolfhounds also sponsored several commando teams to work behind the Falcon lines to foment trouble.
The Twenty-fifth largely stayed above the FedCom Civil War. Their only participation was to pin the First Donegal Jaegers in place to prevent them from arriving on Tharkad. They also freed political prisoners from Garvinny Prison, including Duke Robert Kelswa-Steiner. They then took up station on Mkuranga.
When Clan Jade Falcon struck at the Lyran Alliance in 3069 the Twenty-fifth was destroyed in the fighting, but the LAAF quickly rebuilt the regiment and had it back on the front lines by 3071, despite the chaos and confusion of the Jihad and the disruption to the Alliance's military infrastructure. The Twenty-fifth were soon back in combat, stopping an attack by the Falcon's Delta Galaxy dead in its tracks on Great X. The Twenty-fifth would continue to perform to this high standard throughout the remainder of the Jihad.
The Twenty-fifth served as a part of Operation SCOUR, the allied coalition to liberate the worlds of the Word of Blake Protectorate in 3077 and 3078, and survived in good order - Myra Kellison, a Lyran journalist syndicated by INN reported that the Guards were at full strength in mid-August 3078 as the coalition forces traveled towards Terra. For the invasion of Terra the 25th made up a part of Task Force SCYTHE, the Task Force assigned to destroy the Blakist SDS command centers and eliminate the Word of Blake command and control systems. More specifically, the Twenty-fifth served under the direct command of Commanding General Devlin Stone as part of a mixed brigade alongside Stone's Lament, the 3rd Free Worlds Legionnaires, the 7th Pesht Regulars, Ryuken-ni and the Ghost Legion mercenary unit, with Hilton Head as their primary target during the initial attacks. The Twenty-fifth survived the battle for Terra in good order and at substantially higher strength than any of their sister regiments within the Arcturan Guards.
As the LAAF rebuilt in the wake of the Jihad, the Twenty-fifth was used as a source of men and materiel from which to rebuild or reform other units within the Arcturan Guards. Giving up much for the greater good of the Alliance, elements of the Twenty-fifth were reassigned firstly to reinforce other Arcturan Guards regiments, then elements of the supporting forces were removed as the Twenty-fifth was converted into a Light Combat Team in the early 3080s. This was followed by some of the unit personnel being reassigned in 3083 to form both the newly-reformed Twentieth Arcturan Guards and the First Donegal Jaegers. Despite effectively being plundered as a source of manpower and supplies, the Twenty-fifth continued to perform to a high standard; when a large pirate raid possibly originating from the Rim Collection hit the planet Halifax in 3084 or 3085, only half of the Twenty-fifth were available to engage the pirates. Despite this, the Twenty-fifth smashed the pirate assault, breaking the battalion-strength combined arms pirate force and leaving the survivors to run with more than a third of their numbers dead on the battlefield.
In 3127 the Twenty-fifth was assigned to assault Sappir. The world's ruler, Graf Otto Bendler, tried to create his own Archonette. The Twenty-fifth was the response from the Lyran government. They fought well, but the Graf was able to escape.
The command uses the fast elements to catch the opponent and circle around them to set a trap. Another tactic is use commando troopers to cut the communication and light mechs forces for rear assaults.
Twenty-fifth Arcturan Guards (Regular/Reliable)
Twenty-fifth Arcturan Guards RCT (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Hauptmann General Gilda Felra
- CO: Marshal Rudolph Geiger
- Aide: Colonel Hans Alan Gruber
- CO: Commodore: Theo Gilyard
- Thirtieth Interceptor Wing
- 902nd Arcturan Fighter Wing
- 2433rd Alliance Independent Wing
- CO: Leftenant General Kristoff Bonn
- Aide: Major James von Homburg
- Seventy-seventh Arcturan Panzer Grenadiers Regiment: Colonel Tony Wisniewski
- 297th Arcturan Armor Regiment: Colonel Franco Doyon
- 400th Donegal Cavalry Regiment: Leftenant Colonel Marco Caccialanza
- Forty-fifth Pact Recon Regiment: Colonel Fritz Buhringer
- Twenty-fifth Guards Artillery Battalion: Major Uli Leong
- CO: Leftenant General Eddie Hayden
- Aide: Leftenant Colonel Alexander Plewa
- Seventy-fourth Chesterton Infantry Regiment: Colonel Heinrich Roberts
- 109th Arcturan Mechanized Infantry Regiment: Colonel Mitchell Landers
- 217th Arcturan Force Recon Regiment: Colonel: Richard Thornburg
- Tenth Arcturan Rangers Regiment: Colonel Dwayne Thoma Robinson
- 588th Alliance Jump Infantry Regiment: Colonel William Clay
Twenty-fifth Arcturan Guards (Regiment/Veteran/Reliable)
- Based across Alioth and Merkent, the Twenty-fifth was at 70% of full strength and completely equipped with advanced equipment and materiel.
Twenty-fifth Arcturan Guards LCT (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Leutnant-General Randolph Geiger
Twenty-fifth Arcturan Aerospace (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Kommandant Topi Noguerra
Twenty-fifth Artcuran Armor Brigade (Regular/Questionable)
- CO: Colonel Gotthold Filippi
Twenty-fifth Arcturan Infantry Brigade (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Tim Sokoloff
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 47, "Basiliano"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 44-45, "Operation GÖTTERDÄMMERUNG"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 59, "Follow-up Invasions"
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook, p. 64
- Era Report: 3052, p. 25
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance, p. 61
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 167
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 168
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 178, "LAAF Deployment Table - 3067"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 102
- Starter: Fist and Falcon, p. 7
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 10, "Arcturan Guards"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 94-95, "Roll Call"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 96
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 96, "Classified: Eyes Only - Top Secret"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 98, "Arcturan Guards"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth, p. 16
- 20 Year Update, p. 26, "AFFC Deployment Table - 3050"
- Objective Raids, p. 23, "AFFC Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance, p. 61, "25th Arcturan Guards Unit Profile"
- Starter: Fist and Falcon, p. 9
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 108, "LAAF Deployment Table - 3085"
- House Steinerp (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 118, "Deployment Table - 3025"
- Historical: War of 3039 , p. 137
- 20 Year Update
- Era Report: 3052
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Report: LAAF
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth)
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1
- Objective Raids
- Starter: Fist and Falcon
- Technical Readout: 3145 Lyran Commonwealth
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook