22nd Robinson Chevaliers
|Twenty-second Robinson Chevaliers|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Nickname||Travelers of the Crescent|
|Parent Formation||Robinson Chevaliers|
The Twenty-second Robinson Chevaliers was one of the regiments within the Robinson Chevaliers brigade of the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns and took its unit name from a chivalric order that existed during the pre-industrial history of Terra; this was standard practise amongst units of the Robinson Chevaliers that formed prior to the massive expansion of the AFFS following the repeal of the Council Edict of 2650 in 2752. In the case of the Twenty-second the regiment was known as the "Travelers of the Crescent"; members of the Twenty-second identified closely with their chosen order, and even the newest recruits were expected to be able to name significant individuals and events from the history of the order.
The Twenty-second were the fourth regiment within the Robinson Chevaliers brigade to inherit the colors and title of the Second Robinson Chevaliers, following the destruction of the Second and then the Sixth and Eleventh Robinson Chevaliers. Taking up the colors of a destroyed regiment was common practice within the Robinson Chevaliers; each regiment took up the name of a chivalric order from the pre-industrial history of Terra, and the brigade preferred to found new regiments rather than reform destroyed commands. When the Twenty-second earned the colors and title of the Eleventh they became the "most destroyed Chevaliers in the brigade", and earned a less-desireable nickname - the "Zombie Knights".
Despite the history associated with the Travelers of the Crescent - or perhaps because of it - the Twenty-second were frequently reckless in battle, trusting in raw skill over practised tactics.
Twenty-second Robinson Chevaliers (Regular/Reliable)
- The Twenty-second Robinson Chevaliers and the other regiments of the brigade were presumably destroyed or disbanded during the Succession Wars.
- The Twenty-second Robinson Chevaliers may have been named after the Order of the Crescent, an eighteenth-century chivalric order of the Ottoman Empire, or the Italian fifteenth-century Order of the Crescent.
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 16, "Robinson Chevaliers"
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 3, "Strategic Update"
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 17, "Robinson Chevaliers"
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 17, "Regimental Status"