- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
An Ultrasonic Detector is a rare handheld device associated with ComStar. Weighing three kilograms the detector sends out a high-frequency pulse of sound which bounces off objects, then detects those echos and translate the ultrasonic vibrations into a rough visual image on the device's small screen. The effect of this allows the user to know the approximate location of objects and people and, since the vibrations can pass through solid objects, "see" through walls. However the detector has a maximum range of just ten meters, and the image created is of very poor quality.
- Equipment Ratings: E/D-F-E/B
- Cost: 2,500
- Mass: 3kg
- Power use: 0.1 Power Points per minute
- Lostech, p. 140
- A Time of War, p. 304