|Manufacturer||Beta Plant 2W (Clan Coyote)|
|Chassis||Mk. VI Standard Light Chassis|
|Armor||Forging ZK11 Standard|
|Engine||Clan Model XT4 Standard|
|Jump Jets||Clan Light Series Mk. II|
The UrbanMech IIC is a Clan upgrade of the original UrbanMech. Around the same time as the development of the OmniMech during the Golden Century, Clan Coyote technicians reworked this venerable design. They studied battle data from as far back as the Amaris Civil War and used this research as the basis for their upgrades. They apparently decided that the UrbanMech (known as the Urbie to its fans and detractors alike) did not need much reworking, as they simply upgraded the autocannon to a Type 9 Ultra Autocannon/10 and the Small Laser to a Series 1 Extended Range Small Laser. The more advanced Clan technology allowed the technicians to increase the 'Mech's speed by fifty percent and improve its jumping capacity to 90 meters, though they did not change the six tons of standard armor or the ten standard heat sinks. While the Coyotes field the most UrbanMech IICs, the 'Mechs are also fielded by the Snow Ravens, Ice Hellions, and Hell's Horses.
Designed as a cheap, efficient urban combat vehicle, the UrbanMech IIC improves upon its predecessor by utilizing an Ultra AC/10 that allows the 'Mech's main gun to fire twice as fast as the old version, though the MechWarrior must still watch ammo consumption carefully. The ER Small Laser is a backup weapon that allows the design to stay in the fight after its ammunition has run out.
- UrbanMech IIC 2 - Introduced during the Jihad in 3070, the UrbanMech IIC 2 swaps the autocannon and laser for a Class 20 Hyper Assault Gauss Rifle with 2 tons of ammunition and a Flamer. BV (2.0) = 855
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 UrbanMech IIC, "UrbanMech IIC introduction dates"
- ↑ Combat Operations, p. 117
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 144-145, "UrbanMech IIC Profile"
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 211
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 212, "UrbanMech IIC 2".