I started playing Battletech as a student in 1989 and am an ex-member of MechForce UK. I was also a Wizkids Envoy for MechWarrior: Dark Age running approved play tournaments and demonstrations in the early to mid-2000s. The Lostech Era of the Third Succession War is probably still my favourite period in BT history. Enjoyed the Clan Invasion, though less so the storyline which became terribly contrived as time went on.
Preferred FactionsClan Smoke Jaguar. It was just a shame that they were always so badly written about both in Source Books and Novels. Nothing consistent was ever put together and in the end they were used simply as (a rather poor) plot device. The limiting nature of Clan warfare through Trials that kept casualties to a minimum and often meant collateral damage was unheard of appealed to me, and I could never see how this was often portrayed as a bad thing in the literature.
Out of all the Great Houses I have a soft spot for the Free Worlds League, in Succession Wars Era especially.MechWarrior: Dark Age first came out I played Bannson's Raiders but with the story progression I am very keen to see how the Fidelis evolve.
Why I'm Here
I have been a casual user of this site for many years. However, often the information I was looking for was not available, so I decided to put it here for others to use. My pet project is updating the Clan Smoke Jaguar Touman and their individual Clusters. I think its useful to get this information readily available in one place, after all this was one of the most high profile factions for a while and never had its own Field Manual.
- Add Jaguar Galaxy and Cluster Logos - Done
- Adding Jaguar Warships, named JumpShips and DropShips - Done
- Adding info for Jaguar personalities - including the four Operation Bulldog Galaxy Commanders Mikhail Ward, Hang Mehta, Brendon Corbett and Jin Mehta.
- Clan Smoke Jaguar Minor Characters
- Battle of Luthien
- Adding information on Jaguar splinter groups such as the Dark and Fidelis.
- Random editing when I spot errors - such as spelling, grammar and punctuation as well as broken links.
- Started to add Galaxy and Cluster information for other Clans:
With full time work and a part time PhD getting time to come here is getting difficult!