User:Onisuzume/Rotary Medium Laser
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Rotary Medium Laser|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Year Availability||c2750(Star League), c3050 (Inner Sphere)|
|Ammo Per Ton|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)|
The Rotary Medium Laser is a relatively simple upgrade to the Medium Laser. It is done by taking a standard Medium Laser and give it multiple barrels linked to a rotating unit set to rotary whenever the trigger is pulled. To prevent the weapon from ruining its own barrels, the laser is set to fire whenever the next barrel is aligned with the emission array. This allows the small laser to fire more rapidly at the cost of increasing heat and a chance of jamming when fired at higher rates.
The Rotary Medium Laser may fire up to six shots per turn. When firing only one shot, it is treated identically to a normal Medium Laser. When firing at higher rates it follows the same rules as for rotary autocannons, except that due to the massive heat generated, the Rotary Medium Laser suffers a +1 to-hit penalty.