Welcome, BirdofPrey, to BattleTechWiki!
We look forward to your contributions and want to help you get off to a good strong start. Hopefully you will soon join the army of BattleTech Editors! If you need help formatting the pages, visit the manual of style. For general questions go to the Help section or the FAQ. If you can't find your answer there, please ask an Admin.
Here's some extra tips to help you get around in the wiki:
- For policies and guidelines, see The Five Pillars of BattleTechWiki and the BTW Policies. Another good place to check out is our
market of Projects, to see how the smaller communities within BTW do things in their particular niche areas.
- Each and every page (articles, policies, projects, images, etc.) has its very own discussion/talk page, found on the tab line at the top of the page. This is a great place to find out what the community is discussing along that subject and what previous issues have already been solved.
- If you want to play around with your new wiki skills, the Sandbox is for you. Don't worry: you won't break anything. A great resource for printing out is the Wiki Cheat Sheet.
- Also consider writing something about yourself on your UserPage (marked as "BirdofPrey" at the top of the page, though only do this if you're registered). You'll go from being a 'redshirt' to a 'blueshirt,' with the respect of a more permanent member.
- This is really helpful for the admins as we will know you're a human rather than a spambot and we won't block and delete you accidentally.
- If you're not registered, then please consider doing so. At the very least, you'll have a UserPage that you own, rather than sharing one with the community.
- Introduce yourself at the new user log.
- In your Preferences, under the edit tab, consider checking Add pages I create to my watchlist and Add pages I edit to my watchlist, so that you can see how your efforts have affected the community. Check back on following visits by clicking on my watchlist.
- If you're bored and want to find something to do, try the Random button in the sidebar, or check out the List of Wanted Pages. Or even go to Special Pages to see what weird stuff is actually tracked by this wiki.
- Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically produce your name (or IP address, if you are editing anonymously) and the date.
Again, welcome to Sarna's BattleTechWiki!
Proper categorization of an article is critical to a wiki, where cross-referncing is one of the inherent advantages. Thanks for doing so. I present you the Casual Edit Award, for your work today.
Welcome, and keep up the good work. --Revanche (talk|contribs) 13:56, 11 July 2011 (UTC)
 Vehicle articles
Hi there! I saw your post on the new user log about helping with combat vehicle articles. I'm the project lead at WikiProject Ground Units, which encompasses combat vehicles. Please, sign up for the Project, and I'll see you around. --Scaletail 23:21, 11 July 2011 (UTC)
Hey, BirdofPrey. Normally, I would put a user tag on here that states about the policy of signing statements on discussion pages, but it looks like you know of this and are making the attempt to do so. I think you might find it really easy to just use the button above the edit field, which will put in your complete signature immediately. Its between the red, crossed-out W and the straight line buttons, and looks like a cursive Q. For example, when I press it, it looks like this: -->>> --Revanche (talk|contribs) 13:32, 12 July 2011 (UTC)
- I noticed the mention of that in the nice box above about signing, though I do admit I might have forgotten once or twice. Am I doing anything else wrong in that regard though? Thanks for the tip, I grew up writing code in notepad, so it never occurred to me to check the edit box for a signing function--BirdofPrey 13:40, 12 July 2011 (UTC)
- Nope, I can't think of anything else. Just wanted to make it easier for you. You're doing great work and communicating with others (which seems to be reaping benefits in building up the jump jet series of articles).--Revanche (talk|contribs) 13:44, 12 July 2011 (UTC)