Thanks for the Criticism
Sorry about the short articles I wrote for Roxborough, Mundo Nublar, Siroc and St. Jean. If there is not much information (or, in the case of Roxborough, I never read the supplement), I find it hard to write anything substantive. Further, I firmly believe in the Moratorium on recent material, and I thought it might actually be hopeful to leave a tantalizing reference, and tell the reader exactly which supplement (s)he might buy to learn more...
Just so we are clear, I wanted to know if you thought my other recent work (Tanite Worlds, Jarnfolk, Hanseatic League, Nueva Castile and the Umayyad Caliphate) is fine, or if my other recent articles need work, too. I have been using Wikis for a little while now, but still I really have only authored ~10 articles, so I might be a little novice.
Any constructive criticism you could give would be appreciated. Thanks!
- In hindsight, I thought, I sounded pretty harsh. These articles look fine. --Detlef 04:46, 25 April 2009 (PDT)
Hi, Detlef, and welcome! I imagine you must be the former 220.127.116.11 that I just welcomed also, so its good to have you registered so quickly. Frabby is also German and is very active here. You should say 'hi' when you get the chance. We're glad to have you aboard! --Revanche (talk|contribs) 10:05, 31 August 2008 (CDT)
- Thanks for the welcome. ;)
- Actually, this is my second account. I forgot my password for the first one and left no e-mail-address. --Detlef 10:14, 31 August 2008 (CDT)
I use german sources and have trouble translating some unit names. "Kingstons Legionäre" were part of Task Force Serpent. I thought, they are "Kingston's Rangers", but now I've seen, there is also a unit named "Kingston's Legionnaires". So, before I start revising the Task Force Serpent-article, I'd like to know what's what. --Detlef 14:57, 23 January 2009 (PST)
- This is an instance of an actual in-universe name change. Kingston's Legionnaries first popped up in 2916 according to House Liao (The Capellan Confederation) and became the Kingston's Rangers in 3062 according to Field Manual: Capellan Confederation, after Serpent. Twilight of the Clans and section on Task Force Serpent in Shattered Sphere also confirm they were referred to as Kingston's Legionnaires and not Rangers during that time period. Cyc 20:18, 23 January 2009 (PST)
Hy Detlef, please can you add reference foot notes, then is clear from what for source you added , thanks.--Doneve 18:40, 17 August 2010 (UTC)
- Ähm, ich meinte zwar nicht die nummerierungen der sources, ich geb dir ein fach mal ein beispiel, hinter dem geposteten gibst du einfach davorsource z.b FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), p. ?? - "little overview text" ein und das war's, Danke. Lösch das beispiel bitte ist ja nur ein beispiel damit der rote tag auf deiner seite verschwindet
--Doneve 19:26, 17 August 2010 (UTC)