Welcome, Raven 2C, to BattleTechWiki!
We look forward to your contributions and want to help you get off to a good strong start. Hopefully you will soon join the army of BattleTech Editors! If you need help formatting the pages, visit the manual of style. For general questions go to the Help section or the FAQ. If you can't find your answer there, please ask an Admin.
Here's some extra tips to help you get around in the wiki:
- For policies and guidelines, see The Five Pillars of BattleTechWiki and the BTW Policies. Another good place to check out is our
market of Projects, to see how the smaller communities within BTW do things in their particular niche areas.
- Each and every page (articles, policies, projects, images, etc.) has its very own discussion/talk page, found on the tab line at the top of the page. This is a great place to find out what the community is discussing along that subject and what previous issues have already been solved.
- If you want to play around with your new wiki skills, the Sandbox is for you. Don't worry: you won't break anything. A great resource for printing out is the Wiki Cheat Sheet.
- Also consider writing something about yourself on your UserPage (marked as "Raven 2C" at the top of the page, though only do this if you're registered). You'll go from being a 'redshirt' to a 'blueshirt,' with the respect of a more permanent member.
- This is really helpful for the admins as we will know you're a human rather than a spambot and we won't block and delete you accidentally.
- If you're not registered, then please consider doing so. At the very least, you'll have a UserPage that you own, rather than sharing one with the community.
- Introduce yourself at the new user log.
- In your Preferences, under the edit tab, consider checking Add pages I create to my watchlist and Add pages I edit to my watchlist, so that you can see how your efforts have affected the community. Check back on following visits by clicking on my watchlist.
- If you're bored and want to find something to do, try the Random button in the sidebar, or check out the List of Wanted Pages. Or even go to Special Pages to see what weird stuff is actually tracked by this wiki.
- Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically produce your name (or IP address, if you are editing anonymously) and the date.
Again, welcome to Sarna's BattleTechWiki!
I was poking around this morning, and I noticed that one of the things you're doing among the changes you've made in the various articles on primitive tech and components is bolding the page name throughout the articles. It's not obvious from the Manual of Style incorporated here from wikipedia, but I was picked up by Frabby for doing the same thing back when I started editing; apparently, the wikipedia convention is that the article or subject name should be bolded within the article text only the first time that it's used. I don't think it's a big thing but I thought I should mention it. BrokenMnemonic 08:04, 14 December 2011 (UTC)
- Ok. Thanks for telling me, just didn't know...--Raven 2C 17:08, 14 December 2011 (UTC)
- No harm, no foul It's just one of those things, and I don't want you discouraged from keeping up the good work. BrokenMnemonic 18:30, 14 December 2011 (UTC)
 Casual Edit award
Hi Raven 2C, I saw your copyedits to the Ignis page... and I very much appreciate your doing hard and unrewarding (but nonetheless important!) work like that. Have an award. Frabby 14:18, 19 December 2011 (PST)
- Oh, thanks! Is this supposed to be added to my user page or something?--Raven 2C 14:40, 19 December 2011 (PST)
- Absolutely. I'll set this one up for you. Take a look at BattleTechWiki:Awards to see what others we have and which ones you can add automatically. Good job, by the way. --Revanche (talk|contribs) 14:49, 19 December 2011 (PST)
Hy, please don't edit created spam bot pages, the spambot can use your ip to provide more vandalism, the admins delete the pages and created account.--Doneve 18:27, 21 December 2011 (PST)
Ok. Again, just didn't know.--Raven 2C 15:52, 22 December 2011 (PST)
 Hello and Thanks
Hey Raven2C, thanks for doing a careful proofing on Stephen McKenna and other articles like that. After I've stared at the letters for too long, I read what I know to be there, and not what is actually there sometimes. Fresh, sharp eyes make all the difference. Rebs (talk) 22:31, 30 December 2012 (PST)
- Hi Rebs. Youre welcome. Just doing what I can, since I don't really have any source books, but I do have a passion for Battletech as well as making everything a bit neat. Happy New Year, btw!--Raven 2C (talk) 13:02, 31 December 2012 (PST)
- Happy New Year to you as well, Raven. You are welcome to proofread anything I've done, I for one would really appreciate it in any instance. I'll be back writing as soon as family stuff permits serious dedication. Rebs (talk) 17:10, 1 January 2013 (PST)
 Congratulations and Thank You
Saw your 1-year edit. Glad to have you with us.--Revanche (talk|contribs) 17:46, 4 May 2013 (PDT)
- Hi!I am quite glad to be here; nice place and atmosphere--Raven 2C (talk) 17:57, 4 May 2013 (PDT)