- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|V Legio Riparsiensis|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Nickname||Wheel of Fire|
|Parent Formation||Marian Legions|
The V Legion was a military formation of the Marian Hegemony.
Formed in 3059 the V Legion was primarily staffed by soldiers drawn from the Illyrian area. These troops were later deployed to the Lothian League as the Hegemony took control of those worlds. To make up losses in other Legions, the V Legion lost a cohort of MechWarriors and two cohorts of conventional forces. These troops were replaced by Lothians who were eager to join the Marian Legions. Most of these troops were assigned to auxiliary units supporting the V Legion. They spent much of their time in the Lothan district working to repair infrastructure. During the brief war between the Marian Hegemony and Circinus Federation, V Legio remained as the garrison force for the Lothan district. After that fighting ended however the V Legio was faced with several raids and spoiling attacks thought to be executed by Word of Blake-sponsored units in retaliation.
The Fifth Legion spent the Jihad garrisoning the Lothan district. In 3079 they were stationed on Lothario. The Imperator of the Legions informed the Caesar that at this same time, the Fifth was consuming far too many supplies and had far too few soldiers for the number of recruits that were accepted. The Imperator had no evidence, but suspected that the Fifth was funneling these troops and supplies to a Lothan resistance movement.
In August 3081 the Dragonslayers mercenary unit had five MechWarriors kidnapped, beheaded, and the heads left in a sack. The Dragonslayers retaliated by destroying the suburb containing the headquarters of the company whose logo was on the sack. This triggered a popular uprising in the Lothan district, and the Fifth Legion was in the thick of the fighting. They had pushed pro-Marian forces off Lothario in late 3081. Despite the Fifth's actions, including its commander calling for a general uprising, they haven't yet rebuilt from losses sustained in the Jihad. They remain on Lothario in 3085.
The V Legio is skilled in city fights, using buildings and other obstacles as cover.
V Legio (Green/Reliable) 
- Secunda Cohors (1 Cohort/Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Legatus Adrian Brown
- Tertia Cohors (1 Cohort/Green/Reliable)
- CO: Legatus Gloria Leman
- Prima Auxilia Lothianesis, (1st Lothian Auxiliary Legion) (1 Legion/Green/Reliable)
- CO: Prefect Mariane Pinchus
- Secunda Auxilia Lothianesis, (2nd Lothian Auxiliary Legion) (1 Legion/Green/Reliable)
- CO: Prefect Robert Behle
V Legio (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Prefect Josef Vasicek
- Prima Cohors (1 Cohort/Regular/Fanatical)
- CO: Legatus Gaius Dillford
- Secunda Cohors (1 Cohort/Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Legatus Angelo Vantaa
- Tertia Cohors (1 Cohort/Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Legatus Francisco Kelley
- Quarta Cohors (1 Cohort/Green/Reliable)
- CO: Legatus Mela Tintrel
- Prima Auxilia Legio (1 Legion/Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Prefect Mariana Pinchus
- Secunda Auxilia Legio (1 Legion/Green/Reliable)
- CO: Prefect Chaco Villalobos
V Legio (Veteran/Questionable)
- CO: Prefect Gaius Dillford
- Prima Cohors (Elite/Questionable)
- CO: Prefect Mohammed Ramaker
- Secunda Cohors (Veteran/Questionable)
- CO: Prefect Yeter Holzmann
- Tertia Cohors (Veteran/Questionable)
- CO: Legatus Filibert Poletti
- Quarta Cohors (Regular/Questionable)
- CO: Prefect Dorete Sayer
- Quinta Cohors (Green/Questionable)
- CO: Legatus Paulus Bazzoli
- V Prima Auxilia Legio (Regular/Questionable)
- CO: Prefect Daragh Kranz
- V Secundu Auxilia Legio (Regular/Questionable)
- CO: Prefect Ramus Baldinotti
- V Caelum (Wing/Elite/Questionable)
- CO: Prefect Wendi Nifterick
- Field Manual: Periphery, p. 81, "V Legio Unit Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 195
- Field Report: Periphery, p. 15
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 132
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 144
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 202, "Marian Hegemony Armed Forces Deployment Table - 3067"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 151, "Marian Hegemony Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: Periphery, p. 143