- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Mass||65 Tons tons|
|Chassis||StarCorp 120-Flex Endo Steel|
|Armor||ArcShield VII Mk.8 with CASE II|
|Engine||VOX 325 XL|
|Communications System||Telestar Model XTD-131|
|Targeting Tracking System||Apple Churchill 3200 Adaptive|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
Introduced in 3140s, the Vandal is a Heavy Class OmniMech produced by the Capellan Confederation in mid thirty-second century. Its development virtually unknown to outside powers, it would surprise FedSun forces when it appeared on Spica in 3144 during the House Liao's invasion of the Federation Suns. The Vandal is designed to be a speedy and tough combat unit, while it is also meant to work as a team player in combat. Found in virtually all of its original Omni Pod configurations, the 'Mech would feature the usage of Boosted C3 communication systems.
Weapons and Equipment
The OmniMech is known for its high speed; this is due in part to a fixed Supercharger which bolsters 'Mech normal 86 to 108 kph. Designed to carry a healthy amount of weapons and equipment for an Inner Sphere design, the Vandal has a maximum Pod capacity of 26.5 tons. Conventional standard armor protects the 'Mech, however in addition to its 12.5 tons armor the 'Mech also has CASE II mounted in its right torso. The Vandal also features a Torso-Mounted Cockpit, while providing additional protection for its pilot, it also makes ejections from the 'Mech difficult should the 'Mech face certain destruction.
The 'Mech's Primary Configuration weaponry includes a Class 5 Rotary Autocannon and an ER Small Laser found in the right arm. The Autocannon has two tons of ammunition is found in its right torso with CASE II. In its left arm is a single Large Variable Speed Pulse Laser. The Prime uses some advanced electronics to give it an advantage on the battlefield; these include a Boosted C3 Slave to increase its accuracy in combat, and an Angel ECM Suite, which gives the 'Mech some considerable electronic warfare capacities.
- A Config.
- The A is intended to serve as the command vehicle of a Boosted C3 lance. Aside from being equipped with a Boosted C3 Master, the 'Mech's main weapon is a Heavy PPC which is connected to a PPC Capacitor found in the left arm. Its secondary weapon is a 4-tubed Short-Range Missile launcher with a single ton of ammunition in the right torso. A single Laser Anti-Missile System is placed in the 'Mech's right arm; also, an additional Double Heat Sink and four Jump Jets round out the 'Mech's equipment. BV(2.0)=1,865
- B Config.
- Designed for close ranged combat, the B Configuration features a number of close-range weaponry and equipment. Its ranged weaponry includes a Snub-Nose PPC in the left arm and a 5-tubed Multi-Missile Launcher with three tons of ammo in the CASE II protected right torso. For close-in combat, the 'Mech uses an ER Flamer and a Medium Vibroblade found in its right arm. The B also features a Boosted C3 Slave Unit, an Angel ECM, TAG, Targeting Computer, and also a rear-mounted Mine Dispenser. BV(2.0)=1,666
The Vandal OmniMech has the following Design Quirk:
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, pp. 39 & 84 Vandal LI-O - Prime Configuration's BV2
- Master Unit List's profile on the LI-Vandal Prime - includes BV2 and Introduction year.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 94
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p. 38 Vandal LI-O - Background
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, pp. 39 & 84 Vandal LI-O - Stats
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, pp. 39 & 85 Vandal LI-OA - Stats A Config
- MUL's Listing for A Configuration.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 95
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, pp. 39 & 86 Vandal LI-OB - Stats B Config
- MUL's Listing for B Configuration.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 96