- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|CO||Colonel Chad Dean|
The Vanguard Legion worked for the Draconis Combine and ComStar in their mission to find the way to the Clan homeworlds. They were unsuccessful, but the Vanguard Legion received a whole lance of Kuritan BattleMechs as a reward for their service.
Later, they worked for the Lyran Commonwealth/Alliance, where they encountered difficulties. Details are unknown, but since then the Vanguard Legion has demonstrated a deep indiscriminate hatred for all Lyrans.
In 3062, they signed a three year contract with the Federated Commonwealth (which by then was reduced to the Federated Suns-half). At the outbreak of the FedCom Civil War, they were deployed to New Syrtis.
In 3065 they signed a new contract with Duke George Hasek. They were among the defenders of New Syrtis against pro-Katherine forces. Despite weeks of brutal fighting the Legion held out, emerging as the lynch-pin of Hasek's defense. During the final battle they began executing Lyran soldiers who had already surrendered. They only stopped when Lieutenant-Colonel Grayson Addison (in a Templar) from the 8th Syrtis Fusiliers defeated his former friend Colonel Chad Dean (in a Hatamoto-Chi).
After the invaders had been repelled, the unit redeployed to a maneuver-area, with the 8th Syrtis Fusiliers preventing all contact to the public. The exact relationship to Duke George Hasek and his units, are unknown.
During the Capellan/Capellan March hostilities early during the Jihad, the Vanguard Legion were deployed to Taygeta, but ended up retreating in late August 3069 in the face of an overwhelming enemy (3rd MAC + First and Second St. Ives Lancers). The unit lost the second battalion after a fatal mis-jump of one of their hired JumpShips.
The unit defended New Syrtis against the CCAF forces with the 6th Syrtis Fusiliers. As a result of misunderstanding the unit suffered heavy losses. Only the assassination of Duke Hasek through Blake operator helped the unit to survive the brutal fights.
Having been effectively destroyed during the defense of New Syrtis in 3069, the surviving members of the Vanguard Legion were the subject of emergency war power acts which saw them drafted into the 6th Syrtis Fusiliers.
Fielding mostly heavy 'Mechs, the Vanguard Legion prefers decisive strikes against their enemies.
|Commanding Officers of the Vanguard Legion|
- CO/Colonel Chad Dean
- XO/Lt. Colonel Angie Binks
- 1st Battalion: Major Ashton Allyson
- 2nd Battalion: Major Trevor Dean
- 3rd Battalion: Major Colin Chesley
A Victor in Vanguard Legion colors.
- Blake Ascending, p. 226
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 42-43, "New Syrtis"
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 47, "FedSuns Mercenary Deployment"
- Field Manual: Mercenaries Revised, p. 106 - "Unit Profile"