Vehicular Grenade Launcher
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Vehicular Grenade Launcher|
|Type||Area Effect (One-Shot)|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere/Clan Advanced|
The Vehicular Grenade Launcher is a one-shot area-effect weapon commonly attached to combat vehicles, though they may also be carried by a wide variety of machines, from BattleMechs and conventional fighters to small craft and DropShips. Their popularity dropped off with the advent of 'Mechs and their limited one-shot nature, however their utility as an anti-infantry or defensive armament has ensured their continued use on modern units.
The most common type of grenade launched is the fragmentation grenade, showering the target area in deadly shrapnel. Other types include smoke grenades for creating concealment and incendiary grenades for setting fires. The Draconis Combine introduced chaff grenades in 3052, which release a cloud of electromagnetic dust and high-intensity flares to confuse sensors, though their short duration means traditional electronic jamming remains the more popular choice.
- Tactical Operations, p. 406
- Tactical Operations, p. 407
- Tactical Operations, p. 315
- Tactical Operations, p. 363
- Tactical Operations, p. 364