BattleTech Community Ads:
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
|X:Y Coordinates||206.934 : -81.726[e]|
The Versailles system was settled during the Star League era at some point after the end of the Reunification War. Versailles vanished from maps during the First Succession War, which suggests that the system had been abandoned or depopulated, there is evidence that the system was removed from maps by ComStar and was in fact the location of one of the infamous five Hidden Worlds.
- 2317 - No record 
- 2571 - No record 
- 2596 - No Record 
- 2750 - Federated Suns 
- 2764 - Federated Suns 
- 2765 - Federated Suns 
- 2786 - Federated Suns 
- 2796 - Draconis Combine (dead or dying world) 
- 2818 - Dead or dying world 
- 2822 - No record 
- 2864 - No record 
- 3025 - No record 
- 3030 - No record 
- 3040 - No record 
- 3050 - No record 
- 3052 - No record 
- 3057 - No record 
- 3058 - No record 
- 3063 - No record 
- 3067 - No record 
- 3075 - No record 
- 3079 - No record 
- 3081 - No record 
- 3085 - No record 
- 3130 - No record 
- 3135 - No record 
- 3145 - No record 
First Succession War
Versailles was invaded during the second half of the major invasion into the Federated Suns launched by the Draconis Combine in 2791. Like other minor worlds such as Acoma, Nouveau Toulouse and Tallassee, by the end of 2795 Versailles was dying, either as a result of the damage taken during the assault or as a result of starvation and disease following the collapse of local trade and infrastructure in the region after the invasion. Versailles wasn't liberated by the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns during the three massive counteroffensives launched between 2801 and 2818, indicating that the system wasn't worth attacking or defending by that point.
The Dark Age
Interstellar Expeditions launched an exploration mission called the Jiminez Mission to explore the Versailles system in 3090, looking for evidence that the Word of Blake Hidden World known as Taussen was located in the system. This was the first mission for the Jiminez team since their expedition to Arcadia in 3088 failed to turn up any evidence of the location of Taussen; the Versailles expedition was equally fruitless, and proved that the Versailles system was devoid of any habitable planets.
The Hidden World
According to information provided by captured Blakist Jarvis Bolarugu, Taussen was known informally as the "Bone Yard" for the pale and fair nature of its human population. Jarvis Bolarugu also indicated that Armed Forces of the Federated Suns troops jumped into the system during the Jihad on their way to liberate some other world, but they recharged and jumped out again without a second thought, indicating it may exist on some charts as a dead world. Aside from great skiing, Bolarugu also claimed that Taussen played host to duels in the mold of Solaris Games, and that its capital Toyama City had silver oaks along all of its streets.
Taussen appears to be the only one of the Five credited with BattleMech construction and would seem to have sizable volume of the trace elements required for self-sufficient 'Mech manufacturing given the low likelihood of imported parts and the claims of production greater any other world in the Federated Suns. Attempts to track down the serial numbers of Blakist 'Mechs to locate and confirm any manufactured on Taussen have dead-ended after the destruction of Gibson, but the assumption is that rather than the Celestial series that the 'Mechs manufactured here would either be among the earliest Blakist or ComStar designs such as the Tessen and Buccaneer or staples from the Star League era.
While arguably the most potent asset that the Word retained after the Jihad, unlike the considerable aid Interstellar Expeditions received from the Capellan Confederation to try and locate Obeedah, both the Republic of the Sphere and Federated Suns steadily wound back their support for IE's attempts to track down Taussen. 
- Toyama City: the planetary capital city.
The location of Versailles system as home to one of the Hidden Worlds was confirmed by former BattleTech Line Developer Herbert Beas on 30 Nov 2013:
- While the location of Taussen was confirmed on the Catalyst Game Labs forum, it wasn't confirmed in either the Ask The Writers or Ask the Developers sub-forms, making the information apocryphal; it was further noted by Herbert Beas that as he wasn't the Lead Developer at the time of the revelation, and as the information hadn't been printed in a canon source, it was liable to being overtaken/retconned in a future product by a future Line Developer.
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 54, "Federated Suns after First Succession War -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Catalyst Game Labs Developer divulges the location of the Hidden Worlds, 30 Nov 2013
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 18, "Federated Suns at their Founding -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 48, "Federated Suns after Age of War -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report 2765: Federated Suns, p. 29, "Federated Suns Armed Forces Deployment Map - "
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 24-25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War, p. 44, "Draconis Combine-Federated Suns Front 2786-2796"
- First Succession War, p. 98, "Federated Suns Counter-Offensives 2801-2818"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 112-113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 60, "Federated Suns after Second Succession War -  Map"
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), "Federated Suns Map - "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 70, "Federated Suns after Third Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 72, "Federated Suns after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 76, "Federated Suns after War of 3039 -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 78, "Federated Suns after Operation Guerrero -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 82, "Federated Suns after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report: AFFS, p. 21, "Federated Suns Armed Forces Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. Vii, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War, p. 44, "On The Brink"
- First Succession War, p. 98, "The Davion Counter-Offensives"
- Interstellar Players 3: Interstellar Expeditions, p. 22, "Taussen"
- Interstellar Players 3: Interstellar Expeditions, pp. 22-23 "Hunting the Word - The Hidden Five - Taussen"
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report 2765: Federated Suns
- Field Report: AFFS
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Davion
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Davion (The Federated Suns)
- Interstellar Players 3: Interstellar Expeditions
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130