Victoria Commonality Rangers
|Victoria Commonality Rangers|
|Unit Profile (as of [])|
|Parent Formation||Capellan Confederation Armed Forces|
With the separation of the Victoria Commonality from the Sian governmental territory the CCAF saw the need to build up their strength in this regions. Two formations were selected as groundwork for the new brigade. After a short time of mock battles between them to establish a united identity they were ready for battle. The brigade work close with the Trinity allies together in form of timely reassignment to the other states and and an exchange program at command level and above.
During the Jihad the Rangers took control of supplies that were left in place by the Taurian Concordat. This allowed them to rebuild quickly from each conflict. They defended their home commonality, but Kingston's Rangers also participated in attacks on New Syrtis and Ridgebrook. Jiang-jun was keen to see the VCR expanded after the Jihad to match the size of their counterpart brigades in the other Commonalities, but it was made clear by the Strategios that no expansion would be considered while other formations within the CCAF were still rebuilding.
The Victoria Commonality Rangers of 3085 spent most of their time guarding the Confederation's Periphery border. The Stragegios apparently wanted to keep them at full strength to provide a reserve for the CCAF. The Rangers were one of the few Capellan commands to actually be close to their listed strength.
Commander: Jiang-jun Petyr Andreyvich
Jiang-jun Andreyvich is a high decorated officer (received the Citation for Meritorious House Service) because he left his conquered Tikonov homeworld and defected to the CCAF via the Outreach mercenary liaison office. From this time he was an instructor at the Sian Center for Military Disciplines. His aide, Jiang-jun Won Hyo Yul-Gok, is a normal career soldier who is not so fanatical as his superior commander.
The forces includes a broad range of technology and designs. These includes periphery machines and also state of the art equipment. The commonality regiments has good conventional support units but lacks air support capabilities which is provided through the navy. The commanders of the units get a gift every year in form of a new mechs from the noble family.
Units of the Victoria Commonality Rangers
Colors and Unit Insignia
- As with other reserve divisions, the Victoria Commonality Rangers use the Confederation crest as their only insignia aside from a regimental emblem. Their version of the crest is backed by a steel-colored field. The standard color scheme of the Victoria Commonality Ranger is a two-color patchwork camouflage and always includes red highlights. 
- As part of a deal struck when both units still belonged to the Chesterton Reserves, each family for which they are named are entitled to hereditary command positions, though regimental and even battalion command are still determined based on skill by the CCAF. Part of this bargain also ensures that each unit only retains the Kingston or Sung name as long as one member of the Kingston or Sung lines serves in the unit. Traditionally each family also presents a new 'Mech to the commanding officers of each unit every year, whether they are related or not. 
- Like other Capellan reverse divisions, the overall breakdown of Rangers 'Mechs and vehicle ranges between older and new designs. However, thanks to the location of the Shengli Arms factory on commonality capital of Victoria, the commonalty's links to the Magistracy and Concordat, and the Kingston Legionaries participation during Task Force Serpent, the Victoria Commonality Rangers mix is more eclectic than most, boasting some of Confederation's latest 'Mechs and vehicles, Periphery designs and even a number of Clan OmniMechs. 
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 9
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 100, "The Victoria Commonality Rangers"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 31
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation, p. 83