- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
Elected to the office of ilKhan to help provide stability and fair leadership against a rise in Clan factionalism, Victoria Ward would be regarded as successful at her job by later observers. What stands out most regarding this leader was her great respect for the office of ilKhan and for the Founder, ilKhan Nicholas Kerensky.
As the Golden Century progressed, inter-Clan conflict rose sharply as each Clan expanded outward to fill the Kerensky Cluster. After the death of ilKhan Zenos Danforth in 2870, the office was once more allowed to lie vacant. Clan space knew a quiet peace for a time, until the surprise Clan Coyote and Clan Hell's Horses operation took place, destroying Clan Fire Mandrill Kindraa Smythe-Jewel. Also, tensions had steadily grown into a feud between Clan Smoke Jaguar and Clan Star Adder over fallout from the Absorption of Clan Mongoose in 2868.
Reign of the Fourth ilKhan
To help stem the tide of rising conflict amongst the Clans, the Grand Council would elect Victoria Ward of Clan Wolf to the office of ilKhan in 2873. Her role as mediator and peacemaker would see success, as many Clans turned inward to concentrate on their own growth, though many feuds likely simmered just beneath the surface.
At some point during her reign, ilKhan Ward introduced the Unit Designation Protocols to the Clans. These regulations would unify the names given to new vehicles and AeroSpace Fighters under commonly accepted themes.
In 2891, ilKhan Ward stepped down from office. Her decision was based on a choice not to reign longer than the 18 years served by Nicholas Kerensky. The office of ilKhan would once more lie dormant for nearly 30 years after the end of Victoria Ward's reign.
As the third ilKhan to hail from Clan Wolf, Victoria Ward continued in the role of over-all Clan leadership and guidance set down by ilKhans Nicholas Kerensky and Jerome Winson. Her Bloodname House would produce many leaders of her Clan, remaining exclusive to Clan Wolf throughout its history. After her reign, several Clan conflicts would rise to the surface again, continuing on into the reign of her eventual successor, Corian Tchernovkov.
Title and Position
|Khan of Clan Wolf
???? - 2873
| Succeeded by|
|ilKhan of the Clans
2873 - 2891
| Succeeded by|
- Era Digest: Golden Century, p. 10 - Early Clan History: A Comparative Timeline, Cont.
- Technical Readout: 3067, p. 158 - "Clan Aerospace Fighters"
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, p. 54 - Clan ilKhans
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 41, 42 - "Righteous Vengeance"
- Era Digest: Golden Century, p. 7, 8 - "Warriors above Politicians"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans p. 112, 113 - "Into the Golden Century"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 161 - "Clan Wolf Fleet"