- New MechWarrior 5 Trailer, Pre-Orders Online Now
- MechCommander Gold - Darkest Hours Gets 4.0 Release
- Update On Beginner Box Set And BattleTech: Game Of Armored Combat
- Sarna Wishes You All A Happy Holidays!
- Mech_Con Roundup Day 2 - Harebrained Show, Catalyst Announcements, And A New MWOWC Champion!
- Read more →
BattleTech Community Ads:
|Mech type||Clan OmniMech|
|Chassis||T-E H65 Standard|
|Engine||Fusion 325 XL|
|Communications System||CH2B Alpha-Com|
|Targeting Tracking System||Version Delta-II TTS(A)|
|Heat Sinks||13 Double Heat Sinks|
|BV (2.0)|| 2,711|
|“||If you see a Falcon not in a Summoner, Hellbringer or Kit Fox, double your caution.||”|
The Hellbringer is a very widespread design developed by Clan Hell's Horses. However, due to its poor armor, the Hellbringer is often passed over for more robust OmniMechs. The Inner Sphere first encountered the Hellbringer facing Clan Jade Falcon, which favors the design for its immense offensive potential. Earning the codename Loki by Galen Cox, an AFFC officer who declared each of the Hellbringer's various versions as an "utterly mad configuration," the 'Mech does at first glance appear to be highly unusual, mounting a spread of weapons, anti-personnel equipment and electronics. The Hellbringer utilizes a standard internal structure, and has decent mobility, with a top speed of 86.4 km/h. Though it has vast firepower at its disposal, the design is not particularly durable, mounting a mere eight tons of Standard armor, and the Hellbringer is not particularly suitable for defensive situations or extended engagements.
In the aftermath of the Battle of Tokasha and the loss of Tokasha Mechworks, the Hell's Horses began developing several OmniMechs. Only the Hellbringer met with success. Development time for the Hellbringer was reduced through the use of modules used in the Summoner. Despite the poor armor, the Hellbringer devotes almost 43% of its mass to pods, allowing for great offensive potential. The design spread quickly after its introduction for two reasons: the Horses promptly lost the primary production facility, and used their remaining production to curry favor with other Clans through trade and gifts.
After The Wars of Reaving in Clan Space, the Hellbringer would fall out of favor with the surviving Clans due in part to its association with the Inner Sphere based Clans. The design would be replaced by the Ebon Jaguar in military service of those in Clan Space, with the exception of Clan Coyote which still fields the 'Mech.
Weapons and Equipment
Though the sheer amount of equipment is greatly confusing, comparing the 'Mech to those at the time of the Exodus, the Hellbringer Prime bears similarities in design and appearance to the classic Warhammer. The primary weapons are indeed a pair of ER PPCs. As the Hellbringer draws closer to its target, it can bring its smaller and less heat-intensive short-range weapons to bear on the target, with three ER Medium Lasers and a Streak SRM-6 missile rack. The 'Mech is more than capable of handling infantry, with a pair of Machine Guns, and two Anti-Personnel Pods on each leg. An advanced Targeting Computer gives the energy weapons lethal accuracy, and an Active Probe and ECM Suite help to minimize any tactical advantage the enemy may have. To help increase battle longevity, the Hellbringer also carries an Anti-Missile System.
- Alt. Config. A
- The Hellbringer A, though apparently a long-range configuration, does have some unusual equipment. A set of two ER Large Lasers and an Ultra AC/5 serve as primary weapons, and are supported by a LRM-20 rack. The 'Mech also carries a Narc Missile Beacon to increase missile accuracy, probably intended for nearby fire-support units. At close ranges, the 'Mech can defend itself with an ER Medium Laser and also has two Machine Guns and an Active Probe for point defense. BV (1.0) = 1,651, BV (2.0) = 1,948
- Alt. Config. B
- With a high damage profile at long and short range, the Hellbringer B does not utilize energy weapons as much, and so has few issues with heat buildup. A powerful Gauss Rifle and LB 5-X AC allow the 'Mech to ravage both armor and critical systems, with the Gauss Rifle's powerful slug and the LB 5-X's fragmenting shot. At closer ranges, the 'Mech has two SRM-6 racks slaved to Artemis IV fire control systems for greater accuracy, with an ER Small Laser as a backup weapon. BV (1.0) = 1,454, BV (2.0) = 1,592
- Alt. Config. C
- A powerful brawler, the Hellbringer C's only long-range weapon is an ER Large Laser. The 'Mech also makes use of the recently developed ATM-6 launcher, which can perform similarly to LRMs, MRMs or SRMs, depending on the ammunition loaded. The Hellbringer C carries a devastating LB 20-X AC as its knockout weapon, able to quickly shred through armor with slug ammo or damage internal components extensively with a fragmenting cluster shot. A pair of ER Medium Lasers and a ER Small Laser act as backup weapons. BV (1.0) = 1,698, BV (2.0) = 2,076
- Alt. Config. D
- This variant is a vicious infantry hunter. It has four Plasma Cannons that are capable of dealing immense damage to conventional troops. Four B-Pods provide defense against battle armor, while four Medium Pulse Lasers provide accurate damage potential against hardened targets. A head-mounted Micro Pulse Laser provides added firepower against unarmored infantry. BV (2.0) = 2,145
- Alt. Config. H
- The Hellbringer H utilizes new Heavy Laser technology for its short-range arsenal. The long-range weapons of the 'Mech resemble those of the A configuration: the Ultra AC/5 is retained, though the ER Large Laser is upgraded to an ER PPC and the LRM-20 is downgraded to a LRM-15. For close range combat, the 'Mech has a powerful Heavy Large Laser and an array of four Heavy Small Lasers. The defensive equipment is the same as the A configuration, two Machine Guns, two Anti-Personnel Pods and an Active Probe. BV (1.0) = 1,492, BV (2.0) = 1,952
From MechWarrior Online:
- HBR-VI Virago
- Reportedly piloted by Joanna of Clan Jade Falcon, the Hellbringer Hero 'Mech mounts paired ER Large Lasers in left arm, supported by a LRM-20 and LRM-15 rack in the right arm. At shorter ranges twin ER Medium Lasers in each side torso come into play. Virago carries two tons of LRM reloads and is fitted with nineteen double heat sinks.
- Brian Cameron of Wolf's Dragoons piloted a Loki immediately prior to and during the Dragoon Civil War to great effect, primarily serving as Jaime Wolf's communications officer and aide. The electronic warfare equipment on the 'Mech made it ideal in this role.
- Star commander Joanna piloted a Hellbringer, which she named "Ter", as a symbol of her hatred for Ter Roshak, until she lost it during the Battle of Twycross, becoming buried in the great Gash. She was able to survive and escape from the 'Mech.
- Summoner - Development and design time was expedited by the Hell's Horses Scientist Caste by utilizing design commonality with the Summoner, especially in the Hellbringer's lower torso and legs, which also provided the added logistical advantage of partial internal structure and actuator commonality between the two OmniMech classes.
- Warhammer - The Hellbringer is descended from this venerable heavy 'Mech. This is most visible in the Hellbringer's primary configuration, where it mounts a technologically upgraded but otherwise identical primary armament layout to the WHM-6R.
- Loki Mk II - The Loki Mk II was created by Clan Jade Falcon as a Dark Age replacement to the aging design.
- MUL online entry for Hellbringer (Loki)
- Combat Operations, p. 108
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, pp. 132-133, "Loki OmniMech Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 90
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 134
- Technical Readout: 3050, pp. 30-31, "Loki OmniMech Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3050 Revised, pp. 28-29, "Loki OmniMech Profile"
- The Wars of Reaving Supplemental, p. 17 Discarded Tools of War - Hellbringer listed as among the 'Mechs phased out due to its association with Inner Sphere based Clans with the exception of Clan Coyote.
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 91
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 92
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 93
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 94
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 95
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 96
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 146
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 176
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 97
- MechWarrior Online Clan Heroes Two Sale Page
- Wolf Pack, p. ??