- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Mission||Scout/Armored Personnel Carrier|
|Speed||129.6 kph km/h|
|Targeting Tracking System||?|
Although typically used in the role of a scout, the Whirlwind is also able to function as a fast troop carrier, able to carry a platoon of troops into combat (albeit in cramped conditions).
The Whirlwind is armed with a pair of turret-mounted Autocannon/2s, fed by two tons of ammunition stored safely within the hull of the vehicle. Backing these guns up is a pair of Medium Lasers, also contained within the turret. This armament coupled with the Whirlwind's speed allows a Whirlwind to keep at range from most enemies and pepper them with autocannon fire. Additionally, the Whirlwind has a three-ton cargo bay for carrying infantry.
No variants are known to exist for the Whirlwind.
The Whirlwind has thus far only appeared in BattleTechnology, which at the time was considered a source of canon for the BattleTech universe. However, BattleTechnology is no longer considered a source of canon by the current BattleTech developers, and as such, the Whirlwind can no longer be considered a canonical design.
- BattleTechnology, Issue 0202, p.49
- BattleTechnology, Issue 0202