White Dwarf Hold-Out Laser Pistol
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
The White Dwarf Hold-Out Laser Pistol is a very small, concealable laser pistol no larger than the palm of a hand. Produced by Intek, the White Dwarf fires a powerful laser beam in the infrared spectrum, making the shot harder to see. The White Dwarf also has a retractable barrel facilitating in the pistol's concealment, which is extended by pressing the firing stud once to lock it into place then again to fire.
While the White Dwarf's specialized integral power pack holds a larger charge than other units of its size, it only provides enough energy for one shot, and it cannot be recharged. Additionally, the lack of a cooling system means firing the weapon reduces it to a fused piece of scrap. Despite its limited utility and considerable expense for a disposable weapon, the White Dwarf has become a favorite of Inner Sphere intelligence agencies since its introduction.
- Item: White Dwarf Laser Pistol
- Equipment Rating: D/X-X-C/E
- Armor Piercing/Base Damage: 4E/3
- Range: 10/25/60/150 meters
- Shots: 1
- Cost: 250
- Affiliation: FWL
- Mass: 250g
- Notes: One Shot, -3 to Perception Check Roll to Notice Beam
- LosTech, p. 33
- A Time of War, p. 267