- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Use|| Command Vehicle |
Combat Support Vessel
Naval Patrol Ship
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere (Advanced)|
|Chassis Type (Size)||Naval Vessel (Medium, Template A)|
|Armament|| 2 x LRT-15s |
2 x SRT-4s
ER Medium Laser
|Crew|| 36 |
The White Tip Command Submarine was a Word of Blake support vehicle that was created for the Word of Blake Protectorate during the Jihad. First produced on Keid in 3074, the White Tip was used by the Blakist as not only an inexpensive command vessel, but also as an auxiliary combatant for coastal patrols.
During the liberation of Keid by Devlin Stone's Coalition forces, six of these submarines were in service and used to fight off the invasion. Their performance during the battle impressed the Coalition forces, which put efforts into placing the remaining four ships back into service for the Coalition.
Armament and Capabilities
The ship has a variety of long-range weaponry to its keep its foes from bringing harm to the its thinly armored hull. Its arsenal includes a pair of 15-tubed Long Range Torpedo launchers located in its bow and stern. In addition to the LRT-15s, a smaller 10-tubed LRT is mounted in the ship's turret. The vessels close-range weaponry consists of a pair of 4-tubed Short Range Torpedo launchers also situated in the turret, and an Extended Range Medium Laser in the bow. The ship's weapons are guided by a military grade Advanced Fire Control system.
For the ship's principle job as command vessel, the ship has been fitted with 7 tons of Communication Equipment, providing commanders with a wide spectrum of abilities to help guide the battle from afar.
Built to commercial standards, the White Tip, uses 4 tons of civilian grade armor up to BAR 8 strength. The ship mostly uses its stealthy abilities as submarine to elude would-be attackers from removing it from combat. To extend its longevity, the ship is capable of carrying 30 tons worth of cargo.
The ship features the following modules and capabilities: Submersible Chassis and Controls Modification, Field Kitchen, MASH (1 surgical theater), 3 first-class quarters, 4 second-class quarters, and 6 steerage quarters.
Catalyst Game Labs recycled Neptune Submarine's image to visually represent the White Tip. As of this writing, there is no fluff supporting that White Tip is a variant of Neptune.
- Experimental Technical Readout: RetroTech, pp. 12, 25 - BV2 for White Tip
- Experimental Technical Readout: RetroTech, p. 12 - The Basic background on the White Tip.
- Experimental Technical Readout: RetroTech, pp. 25 - Weapons and Equipment for the White Tip
- Experimental Technical Readout: RetroTech, pp. 25 - Construction notes for the White Tip