- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- BattleTech Releases Teaser Video For New Expansion: Flashpoint
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "MechWarrior 3050"
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Posts Treasure Trove Of Original ‘Mech Design Docs
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "The Crescent Hawks' Inception"
- Read more →
|Colors/Badge||White / Gray; a white shield emblazoned with a shadowy wraith wielding a golden sword|
|Faction Affiliation||Liao / Kurita|
|BattleMechs|| 5 (3055)|
The Wraiths Stables is a Solaris VII 'Mech fighting stable based in the city of Rowe, just outside of Solaris City in the Reaches area. They are principally a House Liao affiliated stable with minor influences of House Kurita.
The Wraiths were founded in 3053 by wealthy Capellan Joshua Ling. When the stable was formed it generated excitement in the Reaches, more when it started with a number victories within months of its formation, nearly having some mechwarriors in the top twenty. However, the stable came under scrutiny when a report from Solaran Spectator fabricated a story of rigged matches, from urging Silver Dragon Stables. Publicly, the rumors of dispute accrued between the two stables, which resulted in defection of several members of the Silver Dragons joining the Stable, in the back-office Joshua Ling had bought several of the contracts on the Silver Dragon Stables Mechwarriors. The Stable has never public commented on what had transpired. The Stables has remained a viable contender in the Solaris Games even though their shortage of 'Mechs.
In 3071, the final year of the Word of Blake occupation of Solaris during the Jihad, the Wraiths had joined forced with other stables in the Solaris Home Defense League to eject the Blakist forces off-world. However tensions between the stables remained even with their common foe, most notably in June when Ulter Pentrovsky (then ranked 18th in the Top Twenty) and seven other members of the Wraiths ambushed and killed a lance of top-rated warriors from Overlord Stables in Cathay. The ambush would trigger a series of short and brutal battles between Lyran and Capellan leaning stables, ultimately culminating in the destruction of the Wraiths.
However, a review of the financial position of Solaris corporations and stable in 3072 secured by Hachiman Taro Electronics indicated the Wraiths had suffered only loses of 37%, though its actual status was unknown.
Stable Master and Owners
As of 3053 the Stable Master of the Wraiths Stables was Joshua Ling, who came to Solaris expecting to gain a fortune and fame. He started by gathering several cast-offs MechWarriors from various Montenegro and Cathay stables, but what made his Stable shine was the contracting of Francois Chi, a Master Technician.
- Francois Chi is a former Capellan citizen that fought for his country during the Fourth Succession War and is also the Senior tech of the Stables. As per 3055 he is very old and barely can move, but he is still noted for his expertise with BattleMech technology. Other stables are paying to have they technicians learn with him, even for the major league ones. There is gossip trying to understand while he is still working for the Wraiths Stables.
Though most of the Silver Dragons mechwarriors contracted have already left the stable, two of them, the Kino brothers, are still fighting for the Wraiths.
In 3051 7 MechWarriors are on Wraiths Stables payrolls.
Tactics and Style
Gomez Long unit is said to be the 1st Andurien Lancers and fighting the Andurien Secession. Now, the existing Andurien units are the Defenders of Andurien. In his case, it seems to be the 1st Defenders of Andurien.
The Stable as of 3067 has access to F Rated Equipment.
When using Stable Specific Rules; The any unit of the stable receive +2 to their initiative when fighting in clutter arenas such as; Hartford Gardens, The Scrapyard, Steiner Coliseum (when obstacles are activated), Ishiyama and The Jungle or any Mountain or Wooded terrain when fighting on an Off-Circuit Venue map.
However, Wraith MechWarriors suffer from -1 initiative when operating specific arena maps that include Boreal Reach, King of the Mountain, and The Mud Pit arenas, or Flatlands, Hill, Badlands and Wetlands terrain.
In any other kind of terrain or Arena, they have no penalty bonus.
- Mappack: Solaris VII, p. 31 "Stables of Solaris VII - Wraiths Stables"
- Solaris: The Reaches p. 14 - Wrath Stable profile
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 25 "Operation: Showtime - Rebellion"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 26 "Operation: Showtime - Solari VII Corporate Profiles (1Q, 3072)"
- "Wolf Hunters"
- Technical Readout 3055 Upgrade, p.132 "FLS-P5 FLASHFIRE"
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 146 "VKH-1 VOLKH"
- Mappack: Solaris VII p. 44 - Stable-Specific Rules - Wraiths Stable - Initiative bonus/penalties for Wraith.