- Harmony Gold Resurrects Itself Once More And Regains Rights To Robotech License
- State Of Play: How MechWarrior And BattleTech Are Doing Post E3
- Catalyst Announces New Kickstarter To Bring Clan Invasion To New Box Sets
- Let’s Talk About The MechWarrior 2 Soundtrack
- Leak Suggests Microsoft Might Resurrect MechAssault At This Year’s E3
- Read more →
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Yangtze neighbouring systems
|X:Y Coordinates||75.47 : -43.928[e]|
- 1 Yangtze
- 2 Yangtze V
- 2.1 Planetary History
- 2.2 Political Affiliation
- 2.3 Planetary Rulers
- 2.4 Military Deployment
- 2.5 Geography
- 2.6 Industrial Centers
- 2.7 Nearby Systems
- 2.8 References
- 2.9 Bibliography
The Yangtze system was settled during or shortly after the First Exodus from the region of ancient Terra known as China, and Yangtze was a part of the Tikonov Grand Union prior to the formation of the Capellan Confederation in the first half of the twenty-fourth century.
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Fish|
|Ruler|| Silvio Irion (Governor)|
Genaro Salituro (Planetary Legate)
Yangtze V - more commonly known simply as Yangtze - is the fifth planet in the Yangtze system.
Star League Era
Looking to unlock the potential agricultural wealth on Yangtze, the Capellan Confederation invited the Terran Hegemony to jointly administer Yangtze during the Star League era. Hegemony engineers constructed thousands of dams and dikes on the two continents, looking to control the massive floods; this successfully converted both continents into prime agricultural land and encouraged a massive expansion in the planetary population, which rose in number by an order of magnitude compared to its pre-Star League levels.
First Succession War
During the Second Succession War the flood controls on the Sung continent were sabotaged by a group of rogue mercenaries. The result was mass devastation and the deaths of a large percentage of the population. The Han continent continued to be productive despite the loss of output from Sung, and Yangtze remained a major agricultural world for the Confederation until the planet was captured by the Federated Suns during the Fourth Succession War. The Armed Forces of the Federated Suns conquered Yangtze in a relatively bloodless campaign and held the planet for several decades until it was finally recaptured by the Capellan Confederation Armed Forces during the FedCom Civil War.
Yangtze was attacked and conquered by the Word of Blake in September 3069, which resulted in it being incorporated into the Word of Blake Protectorate. In an attempt to control the population the Blakists disabled the flood controls on Han. Yangtze was subsequently liberated in early 3077 by forces from the Federated Suns front of Operation SCOUR. Field Marshal Katheryn Sandoval-Ito lead the campaign personally, at the head of Group I, and brought all three Fox-class WarShips assigned to the task force to ensure the prosecution of the campaign against the dug-in defenders. The decision to deploy all three WarShips was doubtless driven by the information obtained at great cost by the Battle Corps Legion in February 3077 about the defenses on Yangtze; the Legion was a part of the mobile command tasked directly by the allied coalition command group under General Belle Lee, and had been ordered to perform reconnaissance on Yangtze ahead of the Federated Suns task force attack. The Battle Corps Legion was evidently under heavy attack within minutes of landing, losing a company of troops in the first half an hour of the mission before the remaining elements of the Legion's Alpha Battalion went to ground, ordering the surviving DropShips to lift off immediately. The intelligence obtained by those surviving transport vessels was used by Sandoval-Ito to plan her campaign against Yangtze. Group I used the information gathered by the Battle Corps survivors recovered from Yangtze to outflank the Blakist defenders on the ground, while targeting the most strongly defended areas with orbital strikes to eliminate the greatest pockets of resistance.
The Republic of the Sphere attempted to repair the damage done to the flood control systems on both continents, beginning with repairing the least-damaged dikes and dams. By 3130 the Republic had managed to correct enough damage to restore agricultural production on the planet to approximately a quarter of its peak levels. Between 3110 and 3130 DiNapoli Industries founded a number of manufacturing divisions on Yantgtze, primarily producing light equipment and items to support heavy manufacturing by DiNapoli on other worlds. Following the takeover of DiNapoli Industries by Jacob Bannson in 3132, large scale lay-offs off DiNapoli employees on Yangtze began as Bannson moved to close the divisions, despite widespread union protests.
- 2366 - Tikonov Grand Union 
- 2367 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2571 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2596 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2764 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2765 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2771 - Amaris Empire 
- 2772 - Terran Hegemony (from September)
- 2783 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2784 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2786 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2822 - Capellan Confederation  
- 2864 - Capellan Confederation  
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation  
- 3030 - Federated Suns  
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3058 - Federated Commonwealth  
- 3063 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3067 - Federated Suns   
- 3069 - Word of Blake Protectorate (from September) 
- 3075 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3077 - Word of Blake Protectorate (until April) 
- 3079 - Word of Blake Protectorate  
- 3081 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3085 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3135 - Federated Suns 
- 3145 - Capellan Confederation 
Yangtze's two small continents - which they named Han and Sung - were flat, covered in a thick layer of fertile soil and fed by seasonal flooding from the many slow-moving rivers on each continent they named the planet Yangtze after the flood plain of the same name on Terra. It wasn't until the era of the Star League that Yangtze truly prospered, however; fear of the wide-scale inland flooding caused the settlers to build small villages and towns huddled on the rocky coasts of the two continents, rather than building inland.
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
|Woodstock||32.0||Deneb Kaitos||32.8||Arboris||33.1||Halloran V||33.1|
|Acamar||36.3||Mirach||37.4||New Rhodes III||38.9||Poznan||39.4|
|Tedibyhr||53.0||Shensi||53.2||Terra Firma||53.9||Epsilon Indi||54.2|
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 91, "Yangtze World Profile"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Founding -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 13, "Timeline: Capellan Zone 2367"
- First Succession War, p. 27, "Capellan Confederation Gains"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 47, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 36, "First Wave Complete"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 36, "S.O.S."
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 36, "Bannson Universal Unlimited to Cut 15,000 Jobs"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 25, "Capellan Confederation after Age of War -  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 138, "Operation LIBERATION Wave 1 [July 2772 - December 2774]"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 118, "Digesting The Hegemony"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 31, "Capellan Confederation after First Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 54, "Federated Suns after First Succesion War -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 39, "Capellan Confederation after Second Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 60, "Federated Suns after Third Succesion War -  Map"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. vii, "Capellan Condederation Map - "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 40, "Capellan Confederation after Third Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 70, "Federated Suns after Third Succesion War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 49, "Capellan Confederation after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 72, "Federated Suns after Fourth Succesion War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 76, "Federated Suns after War of 3039 -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 10, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 60, "Capellan Confederation after Operation Guerrero -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 78, "Federated Suns after Operation Guerrero -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 68, "Capellan Confederation after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 82, "Federated Suns after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 42, "Inner Sphere -  Map
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 21, "Capellan Confederation Armed Forces Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Field Report: AFFS, p. 21, "Federated Suns Armed Forces Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii , "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 136, "First Succession War Deployment Table - CCAF"
- Shattered Sphere, p. 30, "FedCom Deployment Table"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report: AFFS
- Field Report: CCAF
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Davion
- Handbook: House Liao
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Shattered Sphere