- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
The York Regulars brigade was a late Star League Era regional BattleMech Brigade that was formed by under the leadership of the secessionist Duke of York during the time of the original Lyran Commonwealth.
In the 27th Century, the Duke of York made a bid for seceding his region from the Lyran Commonwealth. Not all of his York Regulars joined his secessionist movement and would become loyalist opposition in the conflict against their renegade Duke. Ultimately the Duke failed, leaving most of the brigade sundered. Only a few loyalist Regulars units would survive the conflict.
Star League Era
Of the large brigade, only three of the Regulars regiments survived the disaster of the Duke of York's secession attempt. All of them served as part of the loyalists who sided with the Commonwealth and these regiments became part of Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces as official members.
However, by 2765 the three regiments became dumping grounds for the LCAF. The 23rd York Regulars, nicknamed the Pride, became the home of MechWarriors with the "social general" mentality. Green in their skills, they were by this time rather unorganized on the battlefield.
Known as Envy, the 27th York Regulars staffed with elite MechWarriors who had been dumped into this regiment due their lack of social standings with Lyran hierarchy. These warriors became a troubleshooting unit for the Archon due their excellence on the field. Many transferred to the unit on purpose to avoid the political infighting that plagued most Commonwealth units. The 27th was the bright side of a problem brigade, was deployed on solo missions by the high command. The unit was noted for its actions routing Rim Worlds Republic raiders making incursions into the Commonwealth, forcing the Republican forces back to Star's End.
The third regiment of the brigade, the 31st York Regulars was known as Gluttony. The 31st became the dumping grounds for low-level criminals and questionable soldiers of the armed forces. The unit is staffed with entire Ryder family serving the Commonwealth, with high rank officer a major in charge of one of the regiment's battalions. The regiment aside from being home of malcontents of the Brigade, is also staffed with an extra platoon of military police to maintain order among the regiment's ranks. Aside from its self-destructive problems, the unit performs well on the battlefield as a unified unit unlike its sister unit, the 23rd, which is barely combat ready.
Succession Wars Era
Not much is known aside that the entire brigade would be lost in the destructive conflicts of the Succession Wars Era.
Units of the York Regulars
Color Scheme and Unit Insignia
Its insignia is of a black Castle Tower, with a white "Y" with line going through center of it on the tower itself.
- As of this writing, there no information of the brigade detail actions during the Amaris Coup and the Succession Wars.
- As of 2765, the York Regulars had access to the lowest tier of equipment available for the LCAF of its era.
- Field Report: Lyran Commonwealth 2765, p. 20, "York Regulars"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 118, "Deployed Forces of LCAF Forces" - York Regular Brigade is not listed among the active combat units as of 3025.
- Field Report 2765: LCAF, p. 21, "2765 Master Equipment Level Tables" - York Regulars noted +0 on the equipment tables for the RAT.