Zeta Galaxy (Clan Ghost Bear)
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Nickname||Claws of the Ghost|
|Parent Formation||Clan Ghost Bear Touman|
Zeta Galaxy was the only all-Elemental Galaxy in the Clans. Evolved over the decades by absorbing solahma Elementals from other units, as time passed and the unit reached 50% Elementals, the commanders began developing unique tactics for large formations of armored infantry. The unit was technically a provisional garrison formation, but it also served as a "tactical laboratory" that developed new methods and strategies.
The various Clusters of Zeta Galaxy were often attached to other OmniMech heavy Clusters to form temporary "Nova Clusters", but they also fought well on their own merits.
First Combine/Ghost Bear War
Two of the Claws from Zeta Galaxy were actively involved in the First Draconis Combine / Ghost Bear War, which began in 3062 with a suicidal attack by three regiments of the Alshain Avengers against the Ghost Bear-held world of Alshain. The First Claw supported the Twelfth Bear Chevaliers in a spoiling attack on Mualang, which successfully pinned the defending Nova Cat forces in place, preventing them from assisting the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery. Then, when the Ghost Bears responded to the Clan Hell's Horses invasion of their Dominion (prompted by Khan Vladimir Ward of Clan Wolf), the Third Claw played a significant role in the battle on Predlitz, where the Third incapacitated the Hell's Horses' Khan during the battle for New Denver, the planetary capital, and were recognized as having performed particularly well. Both of the Claws that saw active combat took heavy losses and were still awaiting an influx of new recruits in 3067.
Zeta's Elementals specialize in coordinated assaults from hidden positions, and working together as a team.
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 93, "Zeta Galaxy"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 60, "Overview"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 61, "Zeta Galaxy (Claws of the Ghost)"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 60, "Beta Galaxy (Night Howlers)"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 78, "Zeta Galaxy (Claws of the Ghost)"